PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Flexa furniture?

COElizabeth
05-29-2004, 05:53 PM
DH and DS fell in love with this bed today, and I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Flexa furniture line. I found one post recommending the furniture some time ago, but no other references.

http://www.flexa.dk/uk/index.htm

We would not put the legs and slide and ladder on until DS is older, so he would be at a regular bed height for now. Elevated the bed is in between a regular bed height and bunk bed heights.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

slknight
01-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Bumping this up because we just looked at this furniture and really liked it. Does anyone have any experience with it? The one thing that bothers me is that it takes a European mattress and we already have a US twin so there would be a gap.

genndan100502
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
bumping again, anyone else had any experience with flexa furniture?

I asked the sales person and they said that they do take regular twins??

jbc2003
07-11-2006, 01:27 AM
I recently looked at this furniture. We are interested in getting it, but it's my understanding that you have to use their mattress, which is not a standard size twin mattress, so you'll also have to use their bedding. The part about having to use their bedding kind of bothers me.

lfp2n
07-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I really liked the look of it in a local store annd its not expensive.
I am going to order the basic twin, from the catalogue it says that it takes a 39 X 75 inch mattress which is the standard size of a Serta, Sealy, Simmons etc standard twin.
Flexas own mattress says its 74 3/4 inch X 39 1/2 inch which seems pretty much identical to a standard (1/4 inch one way annd 1/2 inch the other way difference.

I think I may end up buying a Serta twin mattress from Sams Club for the bed I think the Flexa mattresses are pretty pricey.

HIH

Lucy

betsydenny
08-11-2006, 08:14 PM
We just ordered ours and it should arrive in a few weeks, I will post a review once we have it up- got the low loft (tho sadly no slide as it won't fit in our tiny NYC apt- bummer!)
We found Flexa on the recommendation of cousins who have had one for more than a year now and love it.
Will let you know once we have tested it out.
Betsy