PDA

View Full Version : After pack-n-play...

kokonis
06-08-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm wondering what sleeping options I have when I travel with my 21 month old son. When we visit family we've been using a pack-n-play for him to sleep in. I'm just not sure how much longer that's going to work. He's still not sleeping in a bed (and my in-laws and parents don't have a spare for him to sleep in anyway). Is there another option?

Thanks!

Kim

hjdong
06-08-2004, 04:52 PM
I don't have one but I saw posted in the bargains lounge awhile back an instant bed on sale at Sears. It seemed like it was more or less and inflatable mattress/sleeping bag. You might want to look at that.

HTH

jenfed1
06-08-2004, 10:56 PM
We have a children's Aerobed. It's great and portable ds doesn't roll off of it because it has slightly raised sides to keep her snug.

It was a great investment for me...

http://www.thinkaero.com/retail/SleepAwayBed.asp

JakesMom
06-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Hi,

I think One Step Ahead sells at least one travel bed for kids... most are folding little pads with sides. I have no idea how comfy they are, but I'm sure they'd work fine.

Good luck!
JT

Jacob 01/2000
Daniel 08/2002

jlcana
06-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Our 27 month old is still in a crib and loves it so we had the same problem when we went on vacation a couple of weeks ago. I found a Bob the Builder blow up mattress and sleeping bag combo at Target thats smaller than a twin bed. Then we bought a child's tent at Bass World Pro Shops to put the bed in. The sleeping bag took up about half the tent and he still felt he was enclosed like being in his crib. I think the sleeping bag was $26 and the tent was $20. Several other stores around here also carry children's tents.

For less than $50, we got a fun bed that Chris loved to sleep in the entire vacation and can use at home as well to play in! Both came with carrying bags that don't take up too much room-we put both in our checked baggage at airport.

Lisa
Christopher 3/18/02
Another boy EDD 9/20/04