PDA

View Full Version : Mattresses for toddler beds?

gremlin44
07-08-2004, 12:55 AM
I haven't had time to get a copy of Toddler Bargains yet.

Does it have a section that discusses mattresses for toddler beds? I have a 22 month old who currently sleeps in his crib and am due with our second at the end of August. The baby will sleep in our room in a co-sleeper for the first several months. I just happened to receive a great used toddler bed this week and would like to put it in my son's room so that he is used to seeing it there, can play on it, etc. I plan to keep my son's current mattress in the crib (it is a 2 in 1 with one side ofr infant, one side for toddler) and get a new mattress for the toddler bed. However, I'm not sure if what is good for a crib (like the Kolcroft Target foam mattress) is good for a toddler bed--I felt the Target foam mattress tonight and it didn't seem like it could stand up to 2 or 3 years of toddler abuse.

C99
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Most of my friends w/ toddler beds have used a spring mattress for the toddler bed. It's closer to an "adult" mattress and should help with the transition.

egoldber
07-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Frankly, I bought the cheapest mattress I could find at BRU for DD's toddler bed, LOL!

sntm
07-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Toddler bargains doesn't discuss toddler beds (and no real mattress recs.) I'm looking for one too, as we did not get a 2 in 1 and are looking to transition Jack to sleeping in by himself in his own bed at some point.

Beth, have you been happy with Sarah's mattress? Do you remember which one it was? BRU is a trip for us, so I want to go prepared.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

egoldber
07-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Ours is a Sealy BabySoft Ultra. I have been perfectly happy with it. I have a vague recollection of it being on sale when we bought it.

HTH,

amp
07-21-2004, 05:03 PM
We have this same mattress in our crib and we like it just fine. Also got it at BRU.