PDA

View Full Version : Furniture...

DagnyT
07-31-2004, 03:24 PM
I am trying to do a room for my two sons- they are presently one and two weeks shy of three. I would like for the room to last for a while- maybe into junior high. I fell in love with the PBK full and twin bunks (that can also be put on the floor solo- w/o bunking). The whole room needs to be done so after I looked at the night stand, the dresser, and the bed I suffered sticker shock and have not moved forward. Does anyone know if there is a quality PBK knock off that might be good? I would like for the room to look "tied together" so don't want a huge mix of things. Any ideas- other than winning the lotto?

Thanks!

emmiem
07-31-2004, 10:49 PM
There is a store called This End Up which has tons of mix and match pieces of solid wood (unlike PB) and is reasonably priced. The stuff is casual wood crate look and is indestructible.
Michele

brubeck
08-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Target has a lot of PBK accessory knockoffs (eg: hooks, lamps, nightables, etc.). Also try looking at Ikea.

JakesMom
08-03-2004, 09:32 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I am getting my sons' furniture from a store in the Chicago area called Rooms 4 Kids. You can see a small selection of their stuff at rooms4kids.com. The set I'm getting is the student loft system #466 -- It's a solid wood, T-shaped bunk set that includes a desk, bookshelves, and a 5/6 drawer dresser as its "building blocks." The company has been around for almost 30 years, and they can arrange to ship almost anywhere in the U.S. The owner is a really nice guy, too.

I think the price for the set I am getting was hovering around the $700 mark; they're having a big summer sale so this might be a good time to check them out and see what they can do for you.

They're closed on Tuesdays, but open every other day of the week. According to the web site, their contact info is:

Rooms4Kids
2310 Main Street
Evanston, IL 60204
Phone: 847-869-3131
Fax: 847-869-3177
[email protected]

Best of luck in your search!
Jodi

ddmarsh
08-06-2004, 09:32 PM
There is an Ebay seller that actually makes many PBK knockoffs - they have actual pictures of their warehouse/factory (not sure what you would call it) in their auctions. Their feedback is fabulous and the pieces look so well done. I have looked at it and am considering buying something to see what I think. I cannot recall the seller's name but if you do a search for "white bunkbeds" or something similar and look through the auctions you will see them. Oh, they also combine shipping on multiple pieces.