PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, how long should crib to bed transition take? (Long-ish)

MichelleRC
08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks so much for the reply! You are so right about them knowing when we are desperate for them to do something.
I will give it another 2 weeks or so and then maybe try a twin bed with the snug tuck pillow (although I emailed the co. and they said the snug tuck could be made for a toddler bed also.)
Thanks again--

jubilee
08-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Neve posted a great idea a while ago- get a pool noodle and put it under the sheet at the edge. Right now at Toys R Us they have the pool noodles for about $2. Cheap solution. This would keep him from rolling out of the bed, but not keep him from purposely getting out.

houseof3boys
08-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Great idea! They also always have noodles at the dollar store here.

stella
08-09-2004, 09:19 PM
A snug tuck pillow may be just what you need - or a pool noodle, I don't know.

But you need to be aware that "squeeker" is the owner of snug tuck, and make any decision accordingly - not with the idea that she is unbiased poster. It would be nice if she would disclose her identity as someone who will profit if you decide on the snug tuck option.

Good luck with your decision.

MichelleRC
08-11-2004, 06:50 PM
We got a toddler bed for DS (21 months) because we are expecting #2 in about a month. We got it a few weeks ago and put it in what will be his new room without making too big a deal out of it. Now that the rest of his new furniture is here (and my due date is getting closer), I am trying to get him to at least start napping in the bed. All of his favorite stuffed animals are in the bed, his blankie is in the bed, he is not in the bed. Just climbs right out. Now we have an un-napped, overtired child. So we keep putting him back in the crib.
I have been just closing the door to the room, figuring if he just plays in there and gets tired he will fall asleep. But so far, no luck.
I am now thinking that maybe we should have gotten a second crib or maybe a twin bed with rails so he can;t get out.
Oh, I should also mention that he never sleeps with us (his choice more than ours--thinks our bed is a trampoline), which is the reason I went with the toddler bed rather than the twin--figured it was more silimar to the crib.
We also never used a bassinet with him so I was not planning on using one with the new baby either.
HELP!!
TIA

MichelleRC
08-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Well, DS was just not ready for a bed; toddler, twin or otherwise. So back it went, and we got a crib that becomes a day bed. That will give me another year and by then he will be 3 and ready for a regular twin bed.
Whew.
He has been sleeping great in the new crib in his new room. Problem solved for the moment.
Thanks for the responses though)
(BTW, that noodle idea was great!)