PDA

View Full Version : two ?s: not sleeping under sheets or blankets and snugtucks

AngelaS
08-05-2004, 08:26 AM
My oldest is 6.5 and still doesn't sleep with a sheet! She prefers to be covered up with just her blanket. I have always covered my babies with a blanket and my 2 you likes to be covered in her big girl bed w/just a baby sized Gymboree blanket. I try to dress her warmly enough that if she does ditch the covers she won't freeze to death. :D

stella
08-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Jeanne -

It is dishonest of you to answer these questions as just another concerned mother. You need to disclose that you are the owner of the Snug Tuck company.

I am sure you are a concerned parent like most of the rest of us, but you have a business and you are advertising here and that is prohibited.

You have already been informed of the policies of this board and it makes me very angry to come here for consumer opinions and be unknowingly advertised-to. Just own up to owning the business in your posts!

Momto2boysSC
08-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Claire,
thanks to you for that disclosure.

I cannot take the above from Jeanne as a true-to-type because hers is NOT an unbiased opinion.

Jeanne, shame on you. :-( That sneaky little bit may have cost you a customer. And as you know, it wouldn't cost you just one customer, it could have cost you many, as moms tend to talk to each other and had I bought one, would have certainly passed it on. As it is, your would be customer (me) will now tell all the other moms I deal with how sneaky and underhanded you were in trying to pass off information. I don't know why, but this has really disturbed me. How hard would it have been to type, "as the owner of the company, I think they are great....."

To all the others that are reading this post, I guess I don't need any other advice from folks regarding their use - I think I've already made up my mind.

Momto2boysSC
08-11-2004, 06:49 PM
I have two sons, one is 2 and one is 3 1/2. Neither of them sleep under sheets. No wonder, since from the moment they are in the crib you are told not to put anything in with them, so my children learned to sleep in the crib with just their pjs on.

But now they are both in beds...my oldest has been in a bed since he was 17 months and my two year old has been in a bed since he turned two (about two months now) and both refuse to even try to sleep under a sheet! I think that would help them from falling out. (Not to mention that I cannot imagine them in 30 years - married, explaining to their wives that they must sleep on top of the bedspread.....) :-) The youngest, Colin, will at least let me throw a blanket over his legs and feet when falling asleep. Not so with Andrew. Even when he is asleep and I try to throw a blanket over him he will kick it off.

How on earth do you transition a child from sleeping with just the clothes on their backs to sleeping under a sheet (and in the winter, a bedspread)?

Right now, we use bed rails with both boys. Andrew has an "old fashioned" wooden rail foldaway type (old fashioned because it was bought 2 years ago! :-)) and Colin has a mesh lined foldaway (which I hate because it takes two hands to fold it down...). I love the old fashioned wooden rails one - it stays close to the bed and is no problem. We have to get rid of the mesh one because it has already developed holes and small tears in the mesh. The company has just been wonderful in agreeing to ship it back and refund us. The question is, what to replace it with? Another bed rail? A snugtuck?

For those who have a snugtuk, can your child crawl into the bed on his own? For that matter, if your child wakes up in the middle of the night, can he crawl out of bed on his own? Colin wakes up frequently and comes to get me in my room (at which point, I just put him back to his bed and tell him to go back to sleep, most of which he does!). But he is in a "real" bed, rather high up off the ground, and I do't want him to have to climb over it in order to get down....

Just curious as to the experiences folks have had with it.

alandenisefields
09-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Just an FYI here---we deleted a post to this thread by Jeanne, the Snug Tuck Pillow company owner. That's why this thread seems a bit confusing. Posters are not accusing the original poster of being the Snug Tuck owner; these are addressed to a user who is no longer on the boards.

Alan & Denise
authors, BABY BARGAINS & TODDLER BARGAINS

jenfed1
10-15-2004, 12:29 AM
My daughter never slept with a blanket or sheet when she was in a crib. When she moved to a bed I put a blanket on the bed and folded it back....over time she started to climb under it....most nights she wiggles around so much that she isn't under anymore by morning.

As for the Snug Tuck, my dd just climbs over it to get on her bed and off her bed. She loves it...when we had a traditional bedrail I think she felt more confined. I just have to check it every few days, since when she climbs down she pulls on it, so I have to make sure she hasn't pulled it too close to the edge...if she does, I just slide it back into place. We've had ours for a while now and it's been great.