PDA

View Full Version : bed rails while travelling?

2manyquestions
09-09-2004, 12:20 AM
My 28-mo. old son sleeps on a twin mattress on the floor at home (we haven't gotten the bed set up yet!) and LOVES it. He does roll out every now and then. We're going on a 3-week vacation, and will be staying in 3 different homes/hotels for the duration. He'll be in his own bed in each place. I don't think there's floor space to drag the matresses off the beds and onto the floor for him, and most of the rooms don't even have room to place a small cot mattress or some such thing for him. So I'd like to bring some bed rails (I'd need two, I don't think any of the beds butt up against a wall), but I'm not very familiar with them and wonder if they would be awkward to bring along? I assume they are all pretty sturdy and so wouldn't fold down into a more manageable size? Any ideas?

candybomiller
09-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Bed rails will be pretty awkward to bring along. What we've done is used chairs pushed up against the bed to make a rail. The other thing that worked for us is just to make a bed on the floor out of blankets. This worked surprisingly well. Another option that we've also used is to just take along a twin size air mattress. You can find them for fairly cheap (I think my fil paid $10 for his).

HTH.