PDA

View Full Version : Mattress Pad

kmty
09-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi,

As of last night, DS spent his first night in a big-boy twin bed. On his crib mattress, I had been using a multi-use quilted pad on his crib, because I found the mattress pads that fit around the mattress were a bit big and made his crib sheet poof up. In my case, the goal is not extra comfort, but something to absorb any accidents.

Does anyone have recommendations (brand, store) on
- traditional mattress pads
- or a pad which lays on top of the mattress, but is not attached?

Thanks.

Kathy

jlcana
09-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Congrats on the transition! We put DS in big boy bed about 2 months ago. I bought 2 Simmons waterproof traditional pads at Linens n Things for $35.00. THere pretty thick and both have been washed about once a week and have held up well so far.

I would think Bed Bath & Beyond would also carry the same pad. I used a coupon for 20% off, knocked $7 off the price.

Lisa
Christopher 3/18/02
Another boy EDD 9/20/04

luvbeinmama
09-10-2004, 01:27 AM
BTW, Linens N Things will honor the Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons as long as they have NOT expired!

I just use a regular mattress pad on DH's double and put a full crib size waterproof "crib pad" between the pad & sheet where he sleeps. It usually works to catch everything when he has a nighttime accident. HTH!