PDA

View Full Version : Foam Matress vs. springs/coil for 1st bed for two-year old

tara1218
11-07-2004, 05:16 PM
We recently began the search for a twin bed for our 2 1/2 year old daughter due to the impending arrival of baby #2. We'd like to get something that is good for her and will last a long time but not be overly expensive.

1. Which is better - foam or spring? I didn't even know foam was an option until today!
2. Is firmer better? That's what I thought but these salespeople say that kids (especially girls) prefer softer when they are older.

Please help, we have only 10 weeks until the baby is here!

Thanks!

pumpkinandbean
11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Our oldest daughter just turned 2 years old and has been sleeping on a foam twin matteress (from Ikea) for 1 year now. It was very comfy for her and the only reason she in on a "regular" mattress now (just as of 1 week ago) is because my sister-in-law was moving and gave us her twin mattress. The foam mattress is now stored under dd's bed for guests.

A few weeks ago my mother in law slept on the foam mattress and thought is was more comfy than her king bed at home!

The foam mattress was nice because it was not very expensive plus it was alot shorter than the spring mattress.

Allison

dd 10/30/02
dd 06/14/04