PDA

View Full Version : Where can my 2 year old sleep at the babysitter's?

Daisy918
11-09-2004, 07:31 PM
My daughter (Alyse) goes to a friend of mine 3 days a week when I work. She has been sleeping in a pack-and-play there. (at home she's in a twin bed)
Well, today Alyse told me that she sleeps in a crib at the sitter's. I said "Oh wow. Do you like it?" She said "No--babies sleep in cribs, not big girls." :(

I don't know what to do--my friend doesn't have another bed except her own, and I don't think she wants Alyse to sleep on it. Which I guess I understand--esp now b/c Alyse has a runny nose. :)

So I'm trying to think of options. Could she use a sleeping bag on the floor? Or would that be really uncomfortable? I've seen sleeping mats in catalogs. Are those comfy?

kirstensmom
11-11-2004, 08:20 AM
How about a twin aero bed? We have a full size and twin size one. We've used the full size one many times and it's great. Our 2 year old loved to lay on it while on vacation although she hasn't slept on her own one yet. Inflates in a few minutes and is very easy to deflate and put away in its own bag. Just be sure to splurge on the real "aero" bed. We've had others and they just don't work well.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

Momof3Labs
11-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Is she refusing to sleep in the PNP? If she is, then I'd explore other options. But I wouldn't change anything just because she said that she didn't like it. For a 2 year old, actions speak much louder than words!

houseof3boys
11-13-2004, 09:34 AM
I think you should let her go and pick out one of those nap mat/sleeping bag things. They look so cool and this way she can be a big girl with her own travelling bed.

I know I have seen cuter character ones but here is an inexpensive option from JCP with an attached pillow:
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=0&CatID=021773&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=09ed5ae

Here's a blues clues at Burlington:

http://www.bcfdirect.com/IWStoreBCF.process?Merchant_Id=1&proc=IWCatProductPage&Section_Id=9522&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=382052

ppshah
11-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Do you still have her crib mattress? Maybe she can sleep on that on the floor. It might be more comfortable than a sleeping bag.

RhondaSue50
12-01-2004, 09:42 AM
We use one of those character themed "couches" (Dora, Elmo) that roll out flat but can be folded back to make a little "couch" for my 3 year old. The thick padding makes it comfortable and keeps her off the floor, but not too far, if you know what I mean. They are relatively inexpensive, at least for us it was, as my dd uses it on a daily basis for reading, watching her fav tv show and of course, napping.

Hope this helps.