PDA

View Full Version : Travel Toddler Bed

madelinesmom
01-06-2005, 01:09 AM
We will be making our first trip to Grandma's house without our Pack n' Play. DD just dosen't fit anymore, where will she sleep??? There is not an extra bed and we get a double - we can't all fit together... Any suggestions???

I am not sure where to post this so I will be posting in one other place also...

Jane
Madeline's Mom
1/20/03

gisele
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
My mother has used a twin sized air mattress when my sister came over with her toddler daughter and put it in the same room as her parents. The air mattress was put on the floor (carpet) so it was safe if she rolled off it.

Momof3Labs
01-08-2005, 09:01 PM
How big is she? Colin can still sleep in a PNP at 31lbs and 39" tall.

thepeachmama
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi,

Whenever we travel, we just put DD (13 months) to sleep on a mattress on the floor ... pushed into a corner and then surrounded by pillows on the other two sides, in case she happens to roll off (she never has, though). Usually, it is a full size mattress, but we take whatever we can get our hands on.

HTH!

Jennifer

madelinesmom
01-13-2005, 12:55 AM
She isn't that big, 25 lbs. and 31 inches but I think she dosen't like the size anymore. In November she had a surgery for hip dysplaysia and was in a body cast from her chest to her ankles for six weeks. We moved her to a double bed because of the weight of the cast and also because we had to use lots of pillows around her to change her position during the night. She now loves "Maddie's Bed". We tried to travel after her cast came off and she just screams when we put her in the pack n' play. I think we may just try puting a mattress on the floor unless grandma wants to shell out for something else.

Thanks for all the suggestions

P.S. What is your online boutique, I am always looking for unique gifts. If it is ok to ask, what is your web addresss???

Jane
Madeline's Mom
1/20/03

ainwonderland
01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
What about a really fun sleeping bag and portable camping air mattress? This way you can take it wherever you go so she is used to the same Maddeline Travel Bed.

My daughter loves it when she gets to sleep in her sleeping bag when we travel -- and she doesn't even know the characters on the bag! (It was a hand me down and I think they are PowderPuff girls????) If it had Pooh or Elmo on it I don't know that I'd be able to seperate her from it :-)

Momof3Labs
01-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Jane,

My website is www.handmade-gallery.com

jen72
04-09-2005, 01:11 PM
We just bring along DH sleeping bag, unzip it, throw a pillow at the top and use a favorite blanket as a covering. This is the only way DS naps at my sisters and mother-in-laws and he loves it!

Jen - mom to Matthew, 29 months

MelissaTC
04-12-2005, 09:59 PM
My friend bought this one for her DD and she loves it!!
http://www.onestepahead.com/images//product/family/8831_v.jpg

She would rather sleep in this than her own bed. It is available from One Step Ahead - www.onestepahead.com . Look under vacation-travel solutions.

HTH!

Thatchermom
04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Curious to know how big this is uninflated and an estimate of weight...

We have looked at things like it for our trip to Czech this summer, but we have to carry everything we bring, sometimes for miles. Every inch and ounce counts!