PDA

View Full Version : Got bunkbeds, how do I change the top sheet???...m

MamaKath
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I can't believe I am asking this, lol. I can not figure out how to make the top bunk. Luckily, my kids end up cuddled in the bottom so far so I haven't needed to yet. I am dreading it though. Any ideas to help me out? Otherwise I may make dh do it, lol. ;-) Yeah right!!! :-)

TIA~

raynjen
03-05-2005, 06:42 PM
When I was a kid my best friend had bunk beds - they used a cotton sleeping bag on the top bunk. I think they covered the mattress with a fitted sheet (just for looks), but that was changed rarely (once a season maybe?)

This had a couple of things going for it - good cool factor, easy to 'make the bed', and fairly cheap to change out (they are always coming up with new cute sleeping bags!

Probably not the answer you were looking for, so here is one more suggestion - I have seen a sheet set where the top sheet and the fitted sheet are sewn together along the back wall and the foot (you can choose right or left openings). According the the advertising these were made specifically for bunk beds to make it easier to make the bed. I've never used them. If I recall correctly they cost around $50. I'm racking my brain for a name right now and not coming up with anything. AHA! they are called Inseperables - here is their website http://www.inseparablesheet.com/info.htm

HTH

Jen in Okinawa,
where it is brrrrr cold right now!

new_mommy25
03-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I had bunkbeds growing up and I always slept on the top. For the top sheet I always made it like any other bed so I'm not sure what you mean. To make the top sheet I would lay it on top. Tuck in the sheet at the end of the bed. Then I would tuck in the sides. I would make it with me sitting on the mattress.

MamaKath
04-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Angie I am lol as I try to picture myself getting to the top bunk to make the bed. My kids are to little to put the sheets on themselves, and I am um, too big to fit up there. ;-) I think I may have to get a chair to try to manuver myself to the areas I can reach. For now I may need to banish them from the top bunk. :-)

MamaKath
04-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Oh I love the sleeping bag idea! I have no sheets up there right now as someone must have wet (or had a leaky diaper) :-( but need to drag a chair in to put something up there. I like the sheet sewn on idea too, but still would require more frequent changing. I will have to either find a cute sleeping bag or make one. :-) Thanks!