PDA

View Full Version : Bunk beds?

Tina9544
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I am totally on the fence about bunk beds. We are putting DS (2.5 yrs) into a twin bed soon (from his crib). Since I want whatever we get to last a long time, I am trying to decide if bunks would be a good investment in the long run. For sleepovers or IF we ever had another boy ... I dont know. Do you all think bunks are a worthwhile investment or would I be better off spending my money on a captains bed tha thas some storage?

Thatchermom
04-01-2005, 08:25 PM
We bought the bunks since it was less than $100 more than the single. For now, we have them separated - one in the guest room and one for DS. I think the general rule for using a top bunk is 6+ years, so we have a while before they could both go in his room but wanted that possibility for later. I have heard of others who bought them and used them separated and used the top bunk for a transitional bed with all the railings attatched.

raynjen
04-04-2005, 10:12 PM
We have been looking into purchasing a bunkbed set for my daughter (3.5 years) when we move back to the states in about 6 months. We don't plan on having any more children, so it would just be for her. Initially we will have the bunks set up without the ladder so the top will be a 'loft' for all her stuffed animals. When she is a little older we will allow her to use the top bunk during the day, but still sleep in the lower one at night. Eventually she can choose where she can sleep. I like the ability to set it up as two twin beds and for having extra sleep space during family visits.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle - 3 years 5 months and counting!