PDA

View Full Version : Unexpectedly moved to the bed today - What do I need to know?

McQ
04-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Well Declan decided today was the day to crawl out of his crib for the first time. DH was home when it happened - I wasn't so when I came home from work I found the crib had been converted into a toddler bed. Not what I would have done, but I'm dealing with it.

So what should I do now? Other than hope for a good night. Any tips for how to keep him in his bed? What kind of toddler blanket should I buy? Toddler sheets? Toddler pillow?

I'm off to do some searches but appreciate any insight you can give me. TIA!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

momtoB
04-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Well it's been a few days so hopefully things are going well. I am not at this point yet but I read that you don't need to rush to ditch the crib the first time your toddler crawls out. I hope someone else responds because I am also interested in this topic too.

Meatball Mommie
06-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I am also hoping someone responds to this since we are in the same boat. My DS had one leg over this morning. We have a toddler bed that I got at a tag sale and I just put everything that he had in his crib on the bed. (He is not quite 2 and has a pillow along with some animals.) I put a gate in his door and put away all the toys in his room (well, I actually put them in the crib). He finally fell asleep after a lot of crying, but he's on the floor. How do I get him to sleep in the bed? He likes to play on it and will lay down and go under the blanket, but he won't stay on it. I tried laying down next to him on the floor but he thought that I was going to play with him so I just left the room. What now?

Karen
Mommy to James (8/12/03) and Sean (4/16/05)