PDA

View Full Version : Olive kids bedding?

jbrandy
04-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I am looking for a nice quilt or comforter set of DS twin bed. Has anyone bought any Olive Kids brand bedding? I was wondering about the quality and how they look in person. Also -- I was wondering if the quilts are nice looking. So many quilts have such large hand stitching that the quality is poor.

Thanks for any info!
Beth B
DS 4-4-03

KarenNYC
06-08-2005, 03:05 PM
did you ever buy the OK bedding? I was just looking to get it as well and my DH was not happy that the thread count was so low - I was wondering if you got stuff and felt the sheets were stiff or itchy?

Karen

KarenNYC
06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
did you ever buy the OK bedding? I was just looking to get it as well and my DH was not happy that the thread count was so low - I was wondering if you got stuff and felt the sheets were stiff or itchy?

Karen

jbrandy
06-08-2005, 04:50 PM
We did buy the bedding and really like it. The sheets are a lower thread count but..do not seem itchy at all. I went to Kohl's and bought really good twin sheets in solid colors for $19.99 each to use. We have used the sheets that come with it but I like to have additional sheets to rotate from week to week. I would have still bought the bedding even if I didn't want the sheets becuase the price was good -- after discount at Babyuniverse and ebates. The comfortor is really nice -- bright colors, well made, etc... I also bought the "wallies" (the wall stickers) and made my own framed prints to go with the bedding. They had the framed prints but they wanted $49 a piece. I bought the wallies for $10, bought $1.99 mats at Michael's and $5.99 frames. I put 3 of them together for less than $40.

I also bought the vallences but modified them. DS baby vallences had a 2 inch rod. The OK kids had a 1" pocket in the vallences so I simply took at the seam and it opened the pocket up to 2 1/4 inches -- perfect for the rods I already have hanging -- and for a boy look better than have a "frilly" top that the 1" pocket had created.

All in all -- for around $135 I have bedding, curtains, and wall decorations. Not too bad.

I would recommend OK kids items.

I hope this helps!

Beth

KarenNYC
06-11-2005, 08:10 AM
thanks! You didn;t get the bedding thru Olive Kids? I did not know I could buy it elsewhere. I'll have to check it out!

jbrandy
06-11-2005, 09:24 AM
I got Olive kids bedding but I ordered it through Baby universe. They had a coupon when I ordered and I also went through ebates and saved myself a lot of money.

Hope this helps you.
Beth B