PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing a twin mattress

missliss55
04-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi,
We will be moving DD to a bog girl bed soon and have no idea where to start researching a twin mattress. Any recommendations? Thanks!

momtoB
04-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi,
I am certainly no expert on this topic so take what I say for what it's worth. We haven't started looking for a mattress for ds yet but I have been thinking about it. We have a Tempurpedic mattress. DS actually sleeps with us so I was thinking we may just buy him one since that is what he's used to. It's very good quality, has a 20 year warranty, and one of the nice features is it has a waterproof cover that zips off to wash (feels like fabric but has a rubbery texture on the underside).

I also saw an ad for a Simmons "health smart" mattress. This is a regular mattress that has a cover that zips off to wash. The cover will contain any spills, bacteria, and those dreaded skin cells so they don't get inside the mattress. I would think this would also be a really good option, especially if your dc has allergy or breathing issues. Here's a link to their site: http://www.simmons.com/healthsmart/index.cfm

That's about the extent of my "knowledge". :) I will be looking forward to others replies as well.

hth,
Cheryl
ds-4/21/03