PDA

View Full Version : Bombay Kids furniture? Anyone out there with it?

Phx115
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I just purchased the Travis twin bed for my DS from BombayKids. I loved the look and I saved $80 on it (final cost was $318) by buying it today. It won't come in until early June, though, and I just wanted to know if anyone else has purchased children's furniture from there? Did you like it? No?

Thanks in advance!

Kristy
DS Eric (5-28-03)

momtoB
05-28-2005, 12:27 AM
I haven't purchases Bombay Kids furniture but I have purchased regular Bombay items and have a beautiful desk from Bombay Company in my home office. So I can't speak of their kids furniture personally but if it's the same quality as their regular store items, then it should be quite good. Sorry I can't offer you any more reassurance but I hope that you're happy with your purchase! Please let us know when you get it. I'd be curious to hear about what you think of it.

Cheryl
ds-4/21/03

em_jon98
06-07-2005, 06:14 PM
We haven't purchased any of the furniture, but Lindsey's room is entirely decorated in the bugs set from Bombay Kids. We have found that, generally with a few exceptions on some imported beaded accessories, that the quality is just as good as PBK and the like. I have had to wash her quilt a few times to get a few different stains out (bubble gum flavored motrin, regular dirt from wet winter shoes) and it has come out beautifully from our washer and being hung to dry.

We have looked at several of the furniture pieces and they seem to be okay. I wouldn't say the quality is the absolute best on the market...but it seems to be of relatively good quality. Some pieces look nicer than others.

Let us know what you think when you get your bed. I have been eyeing the brushed metal daybed and trundle for Lindsey so I would love a furniture review from someone who actually has some of the Bombay Kids pieces at home and in use.

iujen94
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I know it's been awhile since you posted this, so I'm not sure if you're still keeping up with it, but I just wanted to let you know that I almost ordered the same bed for my DS until I saw that the bed is listed as "not appropriate for children under 4." I have no idea why, but just thought I'd let you know that!