PDA

View Full Version : Transition from crib

yhtking
05-30-2005, 10:05 PM
DS is turning two in a week. We have transitioned him from crib to a full size mattress on the floor in his room. However, he is currently refusing to go to sleep unless either my DH or I stay with him till he falls asleep. He tosses and turns a lot during his sleep. So sometimes he falls off of the mattress and one of us has to stay with him to make sure he is okay. Anyone out there with similar experience? If so, how could we get him to stay in his bed and fall asleep on his own?

Thanks,
Mom to Tyler (06-06-03)
Baby #2 (any day now; EDD 06-08-05)

schums
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
When we transitioned DS, we started with naps and worked up to nights. First we let him just play on the bed, and we talked up what a big boy he was for having a big boy bed. Then we started having him take naps in the bed, which was relatively easy, because he liked to nap on our bed. Then we started reading him his bedtime stories in the big boy bed, but would move him to the crib if he wanted when it was time to go to sleep. Pretty soon, he was happy in the big boy bed, and we took the crib down. Start to finish, I think the whole thing took a couple of weeks. No tears or commotion, and he stays in his bed, and bedtime is a breeze.

HTH

Sarah

vikivoly
06-01-2005, 12:54 AM
You could try the Snugtuck pillow. It's similar to a bumper pad, but really is a bedrail. There are quite a few posts about it in the Baby Board Lounge right now.