PDA

View Full Version : IKEA foam mattress question

dules
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
We got DD a foam mattress from IKEA even though her bed wouldn't be here for a month. It is still rolled up in our closet because we don't really have space to lay it out before the bed comes.

I was reading on IKEA's site that the foam mattresses take 3-4 days to "decompress" once they are unrolled. Well the furniture store called me today and the bed will be here this week.

For those who have BTDT, did you unroll the mattress a few days before your DC started sleeping on it? Or was it fluffy enough to start?

Just wondering if I need to try and spread it on the closet floor for a few days (cat willl love it, DH will not, lol).

TIA!

Mary

kristenk
10-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't have any BTDT advice, but I'd probably go ahead and unroll it. This is coming from someone who had to air out her Tempurpedic pillow for quite some time before the smell didn't bother her, so I'm probably a bit biased! LOL

yellowdogmom
11-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi Mary,

Did you start using the Ikea mattress yet? What do you think? We're about to move DS up to a full size bed and I'm intrigued by the Ikea foam mattress (not to mention the price is at least half of what we'd spend for a traditional mattress set). Is your DD comfy in it?

Thanks!