PDA

View Full Version : Flexa Furniture Questions

classyt
01-11-2007, 05:48 PM
We are very close to ordering a Flexa bed and some other pieces for DS's "big boy room" and I have some questions.

Do we need to order the Flexa mattress or will any twin do? I notice that the Flexa mattress is really shallow (like only 4 3/4") while most twin mattresses are about 7-10" deep. Is this a problem? Would it be bad to get a regular twin and have it stick up out of the frame quite a bit?

Has anyone ordered the Flexa bedding with their stuff? Do you like it? Is it easy to get on and off? How's the quality?

What about dressers and other pieces? How's the quality? I'm tempted to buy painted furniture elsewhere because I worry about the quality, but if I want to use the furniture under the low loft or bunk later, I'd want to make sure it fits.

Any help in the Flexa arena would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Amanda (mom to Luke, 2 1/2 and Baby 2, due May 2nd, 2007)

luckymom
01-18-2007, 07:00 AM
We just got my son a flexa bed, his first big boy bed. We love it, I think the quality is great, it is very very sturdy and well put together. Much much better than IKEA stuff. I got a regular twin mattress, the store I bought at sells a Seally low profile twin that fits the bed perfectly. The sales guy said that people found it easier to change the sheets on a regular twin, the Flexa mattresses appaently fit very tightly. A pillow top mattress might be too high for the bed, though. My ds is too little for the bed to be raised up, so we did not get any other furniture to go with it, although he did get the little tent thing. We also got the full bed rail, he feels very safe and secure in his bed. They (Flexa) guarantee that the pieces for the bed you get (dressers, desks, etc etc) will all be available for at least five years. We will probably raise the bed and at least get the rolling desk, and maybe the dresser as well when he's older. I didn't order their linens, I just got regular twin sheets and blankets, which work just fine. If the cloth tent is anything to go on, I would guess their linens are a nice high quality. I got some inexpensive underbed containers from IKEA that are much easier for my son to slide in and out than the under bed drawers they had at the store. He had trouble lining up the drawers so the wheels on one didn't catch on the other drawer. They actually match the blue and red of the Flexa tent perfectly, and three fit just right under the bed. http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15567&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=79497&langId=-1&categoryId=16260&chosenPartNumber=20107825

Hope it helps!
Lucy

classyt
01-21-2007, 12:13 PM
question: did you get a bunky board in addition to your bed for added support? i've read that slats might compromise the mattress or something?

so you bought your mattress at the store where you purchased your flexa stuff? that's an option for us. i'm guessing the low profile mattress is one used for bunk beds. how much does it stick up above the edge of the bed? the dimensions for the flexa mattress are only 4.5" deep and i've noticed even most low profile mattresses are 9" deep. is that too high above the edge?

thanks.

classyt
01-22-2007, 02:53 PM
okay...

so i've found several low profile mattresses that are around 7" (sealy, king coil, etc.) but they seem VERY firm and no frills. The next level up is around 9" and I'm worried that's too thick, especially if we decide to low-loft it later.

Thoughts?? I'm just confused, I guess, on whether it is safe to loft a bed and have a thicker mattress.

Amanda