PDA

View Full Version : What brand of mattress does your DC have?

Fairy
04-03-2007, 11:22 PM
DS is ready to get into a big boy bed. The crib will convert, but we need to buy the mattress (will be a full). We're planning for a firm, no pillow top with box spring. Would be interested to know:

1. What brand did you buy and why?
2. How many inches is your box spring (if you have one)?
3. Any must-have features and why?

Thanks to all!

-- Fairy

elliput
04-04-2007, 07:46 PM
We have a Sealy twin extra long mattress and box spring (standard height). It was received along with some other furniture pieces when my parents downsized a few years ago, so we just made use of what we already had. While the concept of a twin extra long is great, I do not recommend it. It is a pain in the tush to find anything other than solid color bedding for this size. But you didn't ask that.

Definitely by a waterproof mattress pad.

Fairy
04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks, Girlfriend :-)

jermak
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
We used a full size bed we had in the house for DD. It's firm, no pillow top. Std. box spring is under the mattress. I'd strongly recommend at least 2 mattress pads(xtra for when the first one gets wet etc. When DS is old enough we'll buy him a FS bed too- my kids are everywhere when they sleep! The only feature I wish we had was some under bed storage drawers as part of the bed or purchased seperately 1) extra storage and 2) keep things from collecting needlessly under the bed! (dirty socks, stuffed animals etc)