PDA

View Full Version : Great Clothing Buys on Ebay

thaliasmom
04-09-2002, 01:10 AM
I never would have thought of Ebay as a place to buy my daughter's clothes if one of my really good friends hadn't tried it first with great success! There are tons of auctions for 'New with tags' clothes like Baby Gap, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, etc. I limit my search to NWT items from smoke-free sellers, and to my favorite brands so I don't spend hours and hours looking through auctions. I also buy from sellers who have very good ratings, accept credit cards, provide good photos of their items, and list shipping/handling fees and return policies up front. Last week I bought her a Gymboree top that just came out in the stores a few weeks ago for 1/2 price, new and with tags! :)

kathy
05-31-2002, 12:43 AM
Hello,

I am the grandmother of a 2 1/2 year old little girl. A friend recently told me about e-bay. Like you, I only wish to purchase new with tags items. I made my first purchase just two days ago....a "Carters" bathing suit. The suit is new with tags from a smoke free home. Total with shipping was about $12.00. This is an extra bathing suit for when she is at our house....the one I purchased for her to use every day this summer was more than $30.00. I'll let you know how I make out when I receive the item.

Kathy

sweetbasil
02-22-2003, 03:10 AM
Hi~
I've been eBaying for right around 2 years now (fortunately, I didn't know about eBay until DS was born, or all those restless nights in my first pregnancy would've been expensive, too!) and LOVE the deals I get on there. I'm an eBay "snob", too- only NWT/NEW/NWOT clothing from smoke-free/pet free homes...I've gotten lots of House of Hatten outfits, rompers/jon-jons, smocked clothing, gap, hilfiger, etc. for DS, and now, maternity clothes for me. Plenty of other good finds, too. When we moved into our current house, I packed a couple of boxes labeled eBay, and listed those items for sale once we got settled in the new place...made a couple hundred dollars in profit off things we never used.

The biggest downfall- it's a HUGE shopping store with EVERYTHING you could ever want, and the doors never close! :)

emsmomma
03-09-2003, 03:57 PM
I also shop on E-bay and have found another site that sells NWT clothing out of Canada (they also sell to the States I believe, and since the site is in CDN $, would be 1/3 less in US dollars). It's www.sweetpeaapparel.com. You can type in NWT in their search function and it will list all NWT items in stock, all sizes.