PDA

View Full Version : toddler boots

frenchie
08-28-2002, 10:18 PM
We live in Chicago and I'm looking for a pair of boots for my 18-month old for this winter. I'd like something that'll keep her warm and dry and with a good tread to allow her to run around on the playground and help her climb potentially slippery playground structures without breaking her neck.
Any advice on the best brand out there for this purpose?

JakesMom
10-14-2002, 12:06 AM
I just got Jacob a pair of Snow Flurry Boots from Lands End (on the web). They look very sturdy and seem to have good traction. They also carry a few other styles of boot... give it a shot. One of the reasons I chose this boot is the velcro closure. It's really easy to slip on.

Good luck!
Jodi
(Also in Chicago)

lmintzer
10-23-2002, 09:20 PM
I am in Chicago as well (Oak Park, actually) and have an 18 month-old son who loves to run around outside. I just found a great pair of boots at Nordsroms for a fantastic price. They are by Ecco (which is great for ds's wide feet with a high instep). They are Gortex boots which mean they should be completely waterproof. They also have a warm, lambskin-like lining. They fasten with velcro, which is wonderful, considering how hard it is to keep shoes tied on kids this age. The price was only $29.90. Our shoe salesperson told us that Ecco had given Nordstrom's a deal for some reason. We shop at the Nordstrom at Oak Brook, but Chicago (downtown) might have them too.

Hope this helps.

BTW, the tread on the bottom looks really good for snow/ice--made just like an adult outdoor shoe.

Lisa

Jackie
11-05-2002, 03:32 PM
I too have been looking for boots for my 19 month old. I tried the Lands End snow flurry boots but they were too stiff for my son's little size 5 feet. I would like something very flexible and waterproof with a little insulation, any suggestions?

Jackie

emmiem
11-06-2002, 02:52 PM
If you don't get a lot of snow and don't plan on playing in it for very long, try Target. I bought some size 6 for my DD. We don't get very much snow and I didn't want to pay a lot. We paid $20. Ecco at $29 is a great deal. The women's shoes are over 75 dollars usually.

pamela mom of 3
11-06-2002, 06:33 PM
I find the brand kamik to be quite good, they are light and flexible..
http://www.kamik.com

tinwhistle
01-05-2005, 03:26 AM
thank you so much for posting! my 20 mo. old son has wide feet too, it's january, and i still haven't found a pair of quality snow boots that fit him properly. my local shoe store had only one kind of boot, and tried to persuade me that width didn't matter in snow boots. Bah!

Alanasmama
11-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Go to Madison and Friends on Rush thay have the best boots that are cute and are extremely durable.

Sarah
(back in Chicago in April)