PDA

View Full Version : Snowsuit time's a-coming... what's good?

KathyO
09-09-2002, 10:53 AM
Nights are getting cooler up here, and this Canadian's thoughts turn to winterwear. My toddler daughter will be outside a lot, both playing and in the sled, and we get good harsh winds around here to accentuate the existing temps.

So, I'm looking for a one-piece snowsuit with the following qualities:

Dual front zippers that go down past the hips, for easier access
Windproof, moisture-resistant shell
Serious insulation

Apart from Mountain Equipment Co-op (the Canuck equivalent of REI), and REI, where can I find something like this? Does anyone have personal experience in this area?

Thanks!

Cheers,

KathyO
Clinging to the tag-end of summer...

pamela mom of 3
09-09-2002, 02:02 PM
I like please mums snowsuits/coats...i have used many osh gosh ones over the years too. Also my eldest has a gymboree coat w/ snowpants set that worked well last year and she wore it at school. Still the best i have found is please mum
http://www.pleasemum.ca

kellie
09-18-2002, 05:24 AM
LL Bean has excellent quality stuff with all of the details you are looking for. they have a snow suit and multiple different snow jackets that have polartec fleece lining. i just ordered and received my son's and it is great. you can order online at [www.landsend.com]

rachelfran
09-21-2002, 06:54 AM
www.llbean.com and www.landsend.com are both great options and
www.hannanandersson.com makes some of the most beautiful snowsuits

all can be found on ebay at much friendlier prices

sarsah
09-22-2002, 04:22 AM
I'm not sure exactly what they have as far as snowsuits go (we live in GA and definately don't need snowsuits here), but I would highly recommend Landsend (www.landsend.com).

I've shopped with them for years and there products are great as is their customer service.

Sarah....

JakesMom
10-14-2002, 12:02 AM
I just got Jacob's jacket, boots, hat, mittens, etc from Lands End for the first time. They gave me a free upgrade to 2nd day air, and the jacket looks terrific. I got the longer Squall jacket for him since I heard parkas aren't all that safe for carseats, and I hate seeing poor little kids all puffed out - my son likes to run around, so I wanted a slimmer profile for him.

The snowpants and suits looked great, but he's not in the snow enough at this point for me to invest in anything more expensive than a pair of snowpants from Old Navy.

Great thing -- Lands End still has a bunch of clearance winter stuff on their web site. I got Jake's hat, gaiter, two pairs of mittens and a winter "baseball" cap with flaps really cheap, all because they changed the name of a certain shade of green this year. Woo hoo!

Jodi

P.S. Lands End has great women's nightshirts too -- just got 2 with Jake's stuff and they're really comfy!