PDA

View Full Version : Stride Rite's cheaper brands

Adele
10-25-2002, 01:19 AM
Stride Rite makes Kid Smart shoes for Target Stores and I understand that it also makes a separate brand for Mervyns. Does anyone remember what brand these are?

trumansmom
10-25-2002, 09:33 AM
At Target I know it's Kidsmart or Babysmart or something like that. My son has a pair that I like.

suzska
10-27-2002, 10:06 PM
I think BabySmart are the Infant shoes and KidSmart are the Toddler shoes. Evan has a few pairs of the KidSmarts.

momof3
04-13-2003, 12:30 AM
I tried looking at Target for KidSmart shoes. My Target had a very small selection of that brand (one or two styles for sandals and sneakers) and only whole sizes -- and they did not even have most of the sizes. The shoes also seemed a bit less in quality than Stride Rite, so the two really aren't the same. For example, girls KidSmart sandals only velcroed at the ankle and not at the toe too as Stride Rite sandals do. I also found the sole to be not as flexible as the Stride Rite shoes. I left without buying anything, but I was wondering, do different Targets have different amounts of selection?

MI_MOM
04-14-2003, 07:23 AM
My daughter has a slightly wide foot. She has one pair of good walking shoes from Stride Rite. For playing in the yard, I found Munckins brand at Meijer that come in half & whole sizes, as well as wide widths.

You have to be patient to dig through the boxes and not have any one to help you, but it was a nice savings, especially when she gets them all muddy.

I could not find a web site showing pictures of the other Stride Rite company shoemakers, have you? I wish I could just order them on line because it is difficult to find wide widths at discount stores.

Good Luck.

raynjen
04-15-2003, 07:27 PM
When I was at a Stride Rite outlet store I purchased a pair of Munchkins for my daughter. After looking around the web a bit I've confirmed that these are one of Stride Rite's series. Since then I have found Munchkins at our Base Exchange and at JCPenney's. They aren't as inexpensive as the Target versions, but they are cheaper than typical Stride Rite shoes ($15-$25 a pair). Other than the name you can usually tell a Munchkin shoe because it has a "Match'n'Go" feature where it has half a picture in each shoe bed that line up to make a whole picture - this is supposed to help kids tell which foot each shoe goes on.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

P.S. The Munchkins that my daughter has had are leather (one black t-strap, one white sandal, and a hot pink sandal/tennis shoe) and are sized 4 1/2 W, 5, and 5 1/2 respectively. I think that some places carry wide sizes and some don't.

Eliz
04-17-2003, 08:13 PM
I also shop at a Stride Rite outlet store and have bought both the Stride Rite brand and Munchkins. Just a note for people shopping for Munchkins: The salesperson told me that the Munchkins run about 1/2 size bigger. So I bought sneakers in 6 1/2W Munchkin and 7XW in Stride Rite. Since the Munchkins are a cheaper canvas shoe I think they will be good for playing outside. I can always replace them. They don't come in extra wide like the Stride Rite brand but the wide widths seem OK.

sarasprings
04-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Just to let you know, I went into Priceless Kids (I have no idea how widespread the stores are) today and they have Stride Rite shoes for $10. Their selection was so-so, but the clerk said they would have bigger shipments for back-to-school shopping.

August Mom
05-05-2003, 08:43 PM
I was told by the shoes salesman at Sears that Stride Rite makes the TKS brand of shoes sold exclusively at Sears.