PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove scuff marks from white baby shoes?

acadiaphile
12-16-2002, 02:38 PM
My dd's first shoes--traditional, white Stride Rite lace-ups--have a lot of scuff marks on the toes from her crawling (although she toddles, she likes to crawl a lot, too). So far, I've tried "Sani-White" and it worked for about 5 min. I was told by a salesman at a Stride Rite store that they used to sell a clay-based polish for white shoes that was great, but that they don't have it anymore. Does anybody have any bright ideas on how I can remove scuff marks on white baby shoes? (BTW: I'm told that ordinary shoe polish, e.g., Kiwi or Meltonian brand) isn't good because it's toxic.)

TIA

Christine

MoreThanaMom
01-07-2003, 10:03 AM
I've had lots of luck with a damp (not wet) cloth and a bit of dry baking soda. Just wrap the cloth around your finger, dip in the baking soda and rub the scuff marks gently. They should come right off. Good Luck!

jhmom
02-21-2003, 03:30 PM
I've had great luck with rubbing alcohol and cotton pads. Just give them a good rubbing and the scuffs usually come right off. Hope that helps!

raynjen
04-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I use a baby wipe on my daughter's white shoes - it removes dirt and grime well (I specifically bought some cheap generic wipes for this purpose). Of course, none of these solutions will cover up actually scuffs where the color has been removed, but they do help make the shoes last a lot longer. BTW a lot of what looks like "scuffs" will actually turn out to be dirt. I am always astounded at how well her shoes look after a good scrub!
HTH
Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)