PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good place to get pj's?

Jayne
07-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Just wondering if you have any recommendation for pj's: summer and winter.

Thanks!

brubeck
07-18-2003, 11:17 AM
I love Carter's PJs so I often buy them at the Carter's Outlet. I also like KRU, especially because you can always find a 20% off coupon in a flyer or on their web site.

MarinaTwinMom
07-23-2003, 12:17 AM
We LOVE Disney's PJ pals jammies. :)

I discovered them this past spring when our Disney store went out of business; they were half off, so I decided to buy a few pairs for my twins. (Prior to that, I'd thought that they looked too narrow/skinny in the legs and arms to be comfortable.) They're soft, wash well, don't fade much, and fit great.

If you watch the disneystore.com Web site, they have them on sale pretty often.

Do buy them a size bigger than you think your child will need based on the Disney size charts, though. Also, I'd recommend hanging them to dry rather than putting them in a hot dryer.

elf
07-28-2003, 05:42 PM
I just dress my child in 'street clothes' - nice, soft cotton t-shirt or onesie with knit pants or sweat pants.

Cheaper than PJs, and honestly, more comfortable. I don't really like the flame retardant chemicals and most of the PJs I see in stores seem to have scratchy seams and material.

If I lived somewhere colder, I'd buy the Land's End polarfleece jammies. Those look wonderful, but it doesn't get cold enough in our house to justify them.

Napolimom2
09-05-2003, 04:07 PM
I love, love, love the Nordstrom brand "Baby N" footed sleepers (up to size 4T). They're so soft on the inside and very warm. I really like Gymboree's summer PJ's. They stand up to multiple washings and fit nicely.

Jeanmick
09-05-2003, 09:28 PM
For Summer pj's, i've been happy with "Circo," Target's in-house brand of kid's clothes. They've got nice %100 cotton two-piece pj's and are reasonably priced and wear well. For winter pj's, I like the Carter sleepers. Costco sells them every year (seasonal, usually fall/wintertime).

sweetbasil
09-06-2003, 09:59 PM
I really like gap- they sell lots of shorts sets and rompers for summer, and long pj pant sets for winter. I just really like the idea of separates for ease of diaper changing, etc., and try to avoid snaps at all costs! :)

My next in line is probably the BRU brand of pjs- I find they run a little small, but also offer lots of separates options like gap (gap pjs are a little cuter, IMO).

I'd like to try some Hanna Andersson pjs, but have just ventured into that world, and am trying to take it slowly :)

momathome
09-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey, Julie!
I've been buying from Hanna for about 1 1/2 years now (pretty much just their sale stuff) and just purchased my first pairs of long johns from them for my girls. They were on sale ($28) and I made sure I got neutral prints that could be passed down to a girl or boy , keeping future child #3 in mind. They seem very soft, very cozy. I love Hanna!
-Lauren

christic
09-11-2003, 06:49 PM
While I do like to splurge on Land's End fleece pjs for winter, the rest of the time I go cheap cheap cheap as long as they're soft. Costco sells some nice thick cotton ones by Bullfrogs and Butterflies. I also like Old Navy pajamas for a lighter weight cotton, but I wait until they're on sale because I've seen them get down to $1.99!! After a holiday all of the holiday jammies go on sale. And while my daughter still looks mighty cute in her pink Valentine's Day pjs, I'm not sure I'm even cheap enough to buy the bright orange pumpkin ones after Halloween!

lesliehagan
09-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Baby Gap makes the best jammies, but they're ridiculously priced! I buy them whenever I see them on sale (anything under $7). I buy them large at the end of the season for next year or the year after. Old Navy is good too. Not quite as nice as Gap (fabric thickness or quality of construction), but the price is right! Carter's are OK, but we only buy the 100% cotton sets. We've only had a couple pair of Disney (they run very, very small) and we probably won't buy them again.

I like the boutique brand Agabang, but they are pricy and shrink easily (must be cold water washed and hung dry). A boutique brand that I don't like is Sara's Prints, the fabric is 100% cotton but it has been chemically treated and feels slimy even after several washings. Gross, and very expensive.

Jackiestarrynight
09-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Gap but I only buy them on sale imo they are too spendy otherwise ;although they last forever and are so soft. I don't mind the disney store ones but they run very small and do tend to shrink. My daughter wears 18 months in other jammies but has to wear a 2/3 in the disney's. My favs are carter's and most bj's/sam's club sell them for half of what the mall sells them for! I got 2 sleepers for $5.00 once at sam's on clearance. Bru and carter's outlets are also good places to get carter's.

Nelle
10-22-2003, 10:17 PM
For footed fleece pj's, I've found Nordstrom's Baby N line to be the best -- regular price is $13, and the quality is fantastic.