PDA

View Full Version : Complaining About Boys' Clothes Again!

twins r fun
09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Is there some clothing law saying that all boys clothes must be sports themed? Is there possibly another way to prove their boyness than having a football on their clothes? I think now that we are in 2T tops, things have gotten worse if that was possible. My boys love, love, love balls and sports so I actually do want to buy them some sports clothes, but come on, do I really need EVERY SINGLE SHIRT to have a sports theme?

Okay, to be fair I can choose between sports or horizontal stripes. What a selection!

luvbeinmama
09-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Hee, hee... I know what you mean. It's that or "character" outfits.

For a change you can always have the boys paint their own t-shirts (shirts & fabric paint available at Michael's/JoAnn/other craft stores). I suggest cutting a large box to size and covering it with a plastic bag to put inside the shirt while painting. The paint sticks to the cardboard if you don't use the bag. DS loves his painted shirts. They can do handprints, you can get large foam stamps that work really well. I'd advise also covering all furniture in the work area and using old adult t-shirts for smocks. It's also a great gift idea for daddy or grandparents to have them paint t-shirts with handprints & stamps (you can direct this so that they actually turn out REALLY nice). Nana & Grandma REALLY love their hand-painted shirts from DS & DD.

One bonus about them wearing their own creations is that they make GREAT preschool t-shirts!!!! (Who cares if they get more color on them?) And Michael's has a decent color selection, too.

Tondi G
09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
I agree!!!! LOL, My son's wardrobe is pretty full of striped T's (thank you Gymboree!).... he has one shirt with a lizard on it... got from Target that is really cute... and just bought 2 T's from Baby Gap, 1 with a vintage truck and 1 with a train..... DH and I are not HUGE sports people so it never occured to us to buy him sports themed stuff.... though other people bought him baseball outfits and football sweatshirts and t's! UUGH!

I just don't understand why they don't do animals (dogs, whales, whatever..... it isn't girly!) If it is some kind of animal/creature it has to be BUGS or Slimy things.... what is the problem here!!! That or everything it plastered with Sponge bob or mickey mouse!

Some day someone will figure it out.... or not! Just wanted you to know I agree with ya!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

Sandy
10-26-2003, 03:13 AM
I get really tired of the whole stripes or sports theme for boys too. I discovered a brand called Pumkin Patch (from New Zealand) at Nordstroms that does some adorable surfer styles. Cute shorts and shirts in bright colors with Hibiscus flowers and surfboards etc... Janie and Jack also has some cute clothes that aren't just sports or stripes.

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

newbelly2002
10-27-2003, 09:34 AM
www.Googoogear.com.au

also has great stuff. They make a pair of incredibly soft unisex cordoroy overalls in these bright shades of blue/brown/cream. And most of their clothes do tend to have animals or the like on them.

I just ordered from them for the first time last month and have been thrilled with the quality.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02