PDA

View Full Version : Where online can I buy toddler underwear?

raynjen
10-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Anyone know a site where I can purchase toddler (2T) underwear? I understand that the first set I purchase for her can help her potty-train if we get something she likes. I've searched Okinawa and the only ones in her size are Barbie panties. She has no clue who Barbie is and, right now, I'm happy to keep her that way. So where can I get Elmo or Nemo underwear? Other Sesame Street characters would do as well. The only other characters that she knows are the vegetables from VeggieTales and I doubt they have their own underwear line :).

Can anyone tell me if character underwear is necessary? Wouldn't pink or flowered do? How sad is it that I am worried about what is on her underwear in the first place!

Oh well, the things we do to try and get it right...

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

Celias Mama
10-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Of the toddler underwear we have used I liked the Hanes Her Way ones the best -- I liked the cloth leg bands better than elastic.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1600013092&prmenbr=1600000991&cgrfnbr=1606040414&V=B

luvbeinmama
10-12-2003, 11:30 PM
The other poster's link looks like a hit! Sorry I haven't tried to buy underwear online as we have multiple stores to choose from here.

BUT, I wanted to say that the best undies are the ones your DAUGHTER picks out!!!! DS has NO CLUE who the Power Rangers are, but they were his FIRST pick (and continue to be favorites) because they look cool!!

HTH!! :)

raynjen
10-13-2003, 03:31 AM
These are the ones I wanted to buy for her, unfortunately they only go down to size 4 online. I've checked everywhere, and the closest I've come is Ebay. I just feel weird about purchasing something so intimate from an auction site!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

luvbeinmama
10-13-2003, 04:08 PM
You may want to try ordering a size 4 pkg and see if it is really toooo huge. It's nice to have them a bit loose as it is easier for them to pull up that way. DS is nowhere near a size 6 (he still wears size 3T pants), but I had to buy him some size 6 undies so he could pull them up himself, as he was having a hard time with some of the 4s. Also, be prepared for varied sizing even within the same pkg. I've got a bunch of 4s that have up to a 2" difference in the waistband!! Ack! That discovery was very annoying. x(

raynjen
10-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks, that's really nice to know! We just found out my DH will be going to a conference in the states in November so I think I'll send him with order for different sizes and styles. I can get 2T underwear here, but none that my DD is interested in. Some of those cartoon kids look positively scary to me (Hamtaro and Power Puff Girls).

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

nohomama
10-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Old Navy has girls underwear as small as 3T.

http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=300521&wpid=217526

I went with these after having a difficult time finding anything without Barney or Barbie, let alone anything in her size (generally 2T). The designs are attractive and they fit Lola well. Good luck finding what you're after.

Piglet
10-14-2003, 04:50 PM
What about the Disney Store? I have seen these in real life, but have never bought them (not quite there yet with DS).

http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Section_Id=11829&Product_Id=140595

raynjen
10-14-2003, 09:20 PM
YAY! Both of these are what I need! AND they both will ship to APO addresses! Thank you sooo much for all your help. I didn't even think about going large for her underwear, ease of use is probably a huge plus at this stage.

Thanks again,

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)