PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree quality dropping?

zakmom
11-05-2003, 09:05 PM
I have been the happy recipient of Gymboree hand-me-downs for my DS, now 3 1/2. The clothes have been great - very thick, wear like iron, reinforced knees.

So I was happy to see an online sale (still going on) and stocked up on sweatpants and tops. But what arrived was a far cry from what I have seen - the knees on the sweats are NOT reinforced as claimed, and they are thinner than gap sweats, not the case at all for the older Gymboree sweats I had around. Has anyone noticed a dropoff in the quality of Gymbo kids' clothes over time??

emmiem
11-05-2003, 09:30 PM
I haven't notice any difference in the quality. I buy a lot of Gymboree! I do buy girls clothes though. In fact, the only clothes I really recommend is Gymboree and Hanna Andersson.
Emmie

sarsah
11-09-2003, 05:49 PM
My 3 1/2 year old wears mostly Gymboree (off the clearance rack or consignment sale, of course). I think their quality is great -- classic style, washes well and best of all it can be passed down or consigned for almost what I paid for it.

I don't have much of the older stuff, so I can't comment on anything older than 3 1/2 years, but I haven't noticed any quality issues in that time.

Sarah..........Jason & Devin's Mommie