PDA

View Full Version : Tights

Elisa
11-25-2003, 03:44 PM
My 3-year old daughter is into dresses now. She wants to wear them almost every day. That is great but it is getting cold outside. I bought 2 pairs of cotton tights from Gymboree and they pilled the very first time she wore them. Does anybody know of a brand that can be washed several times without pilling? And that does not snag easily?

emmiem
11-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Hanna Andersson. There are lots of archived messages concerning Hanna tights. They never pill, run, shrink, and you can hand them down! They also are very warm!
Emmie

nohomama
11-25-2003, 09:23 PM
I've gotten cotton/lycra tights (as opposed to microfiber) at H&M, Old Navy, and Target. Thus far, none have pilled, run, or snagged.

Sheila
11-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Old Navy tights and McKids (from Wal-Mart) both have nice, reasonably-priced tights, though I have not been able to find the McKids this season. I have washed many times w/ no probs.

The Gap also has nice tights, but pricey! But check out their outlet if you have one nearby. I got a bunch of pairs there a couple of weeks ago. I think they were about $5 per pair. They were the thicker ones, which are great for this time of year!

Sheila
________
THREESOME MEXICAN (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1073/mexican/videos/1)

brubeck
11-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Another option is leggings. My daughter hates tights but she wears dresses with leggings all the time. I got some nice ones at Gymboree for about $8 a pair (30% off FOF discount) and they don't pill or bag. Leggings are also a little warmer than tights and are more potty-training friendly.

janeybwild
11-27-2003, 09:59 AM
I agree with the Hanna Anderson suggestion. I bought them for our 9 month old, they stay on, are warm, and wash great. The only drawback is the price (~$14). However, you will get lots of use out of them I think.
Good luck!