PDA

View Full Version : Yet another jacket question

egoldber
12-04-2003, 12:44 PM
So last year, I bought Sarah this jacket from LLBean:
http://tinyurl.com/xq43

I got a discontinued color and it was a terrific price, since I got the jacket and pants for less than jacket alone is at full retail. BUT, the jacket is too warm except for the coldest days. I also have a fleece jacket for her, but its a thinner fleece, more like a 100 weight than the typical 200 weight.

But I'm finding I need an inbetween jacket. I've looked at the LLBean and LE fleece jackets and those seem VERY warm, and are redundant to the other jacket.

Thoughts?

ddmarsh
12-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Have you looked at the Bean of LE fleece pullovers? I can't recall for sure that they are made in toddler sizes. We have used those over the years and have found them to be great for that in-between weather. I would assume the fleece jackets are made of the same material that the pullovers are, but am not positive.

Another alternative is a fleece peacoat. I got one for Lily this year from Gap and it has been great for those days that it has been chilly but not-yet-full-jacket weather.

HTH -

christic
12-07-2003, 10:13 PM
What about a heavy zip up wool sweater for something different?

Alice has been wearing something like the "zipped jacket" in this book everyday until recently:
www.theknittinggarden.com/db-book1.htm

Hers is quite a few sizes too big, but we've been rolling the sleeves for 2 years now and will probably get more use out of this sweater than any of her other jackets.

momathome
12-08-2003, 10:29 AM
I found an awesome in-between jacket at www.miniboden.com . It is a fleece-lined anorak and is absolutely adorable on. I bought one for 5 year-old Liza and loved it so much I just ordered one for 2 year-old Kasey. It is medium-weight and weather-proof and the zipper is the first one that Liza can master on her own with no help from me - an added bonus. It is not cheap at $49 but given how adorable it is I think it would have decent resale value - miniboden stuff seems to be very good quality. On a cheaper note, I saw some very cute fleece jackets that were a decent weight without being too heavy at Old Navy yesterday that were cute and may do the trick for you. Good luck!
-Lauren