PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Spring/Summer Wardrobe

redhookmom
02-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Well, it all seems so different planning for a girl. So many more options. I want to make a list of what I think I will need and then tic off items so I don't buy to much. Do you think that you will just put cool summer dresses on your DDs or shorts or rompers...

As for my post-toddler (kid) who is a boy.
shorts 7
t-shirts 6
tank tops 2
bathing suit 2
jacket 1
rainjacket 1
hats 3
sandals 1
sneakers 1
socks/underware 8
PJ's 2
slippers 1
summer pants 1
summer dressy shirt 1

Am I missing anything?

egoldber
02-17-2004, 11:56 PM
I love little summer dresses. But sometimes shorts and a T-shirt are much more practical. And for the playground, even when its really hot, I prefer leggings and a short sleeve T-shirt to protect her knees!

HTH,

luvbeinmama
02-18-2004, 01:54 AM
I agree. Last summer DD was not even crawling for most of it. I prefer 2 pieces, even if it is a dress I like to have the bloomers over the diaper, and I often had her in bloomers only at home during the hottest parts of the summer. This summer, I know I'll have some dresses, some shirt/short sets and definitely leggings for the playground. They have some capri pants out now, those would work as well as leggings I think for some knee protection. But I haven't tried them, so I don't know if they will ride up the leg a bit or not. I suppose that may depend on your DD. Your list for your son looks about like mine.

AngelaS
02-18-2004, 08:49 AM
I have a mixture of things for Gabrielle. We have some cute dresses with matching diaper covers, some romper outfits, some shirts with bubble shorts and some shirts/onesies that go with denim bottoms (for the playground). :D

That was helpful...wasn't it? LOL

brubeck
02-18-2004, 12:16 PM
It depends what you like to dress your daughter in. I LOVE dresses so I usually get a bunch of them for my daughter. Some are sleeveless and some are short-sleeved. Since she wears them everyday I get the rugged washable type (Land's End makes some nice ones). If it gets cool for some reason then she wears leggings under the dresses. I also buy 3 pairs of shorts and about 6 tops to go with them because in summer we do end up doing things like playing in dirt where the dress might not work so well.

Of course a swimsuit (and coverup/water shoes?) is mandatory as are a couple of sunhats and a pair of sandals. You probably won't need so many socks if she's wearing sandals a lot.

Whether or not she's still in diapers, you may want to consider some 'panty covers' for under the dresses. I usually pick up a couple of CHEAP cotton elastic waist shorts and use those. That way it's not as embarrassing if little miss decides to flash in front of all of your friends. :)

HTH!