PDA

View Full Version : Robeez vs Bobux

kasi
02-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to decide between Robeez and Bobux shoes for my 10 month old. What are the differences? Which do you prefer? What about sizes? I measured her feet this morning, and they were 4 1/4 inches.

I'm so confused! Are there other brands that I should consider too?

Thanks for your help!

Kasi

egoldber
02-18-2004, 09:50 PM
They are both nice shoes, but they fit rather differently. In general, Bobux run smaller than Robeez. If you have a StrideRite store near you, they carry Robeez and you can try them on. Also, Nordstrom stores sometimes carry both Bobux and Robeez. They are alsooften carried by smaller, specialty childrens stores. You can check their weibsites for a local store.

Other similar shoes are Jack&Lily and also Daisy Roots.

HTH,

JacksMommy
02-24-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't know about Bobux, but I love Robeez! They are great first walkers and also as slippers when your baby is older. Their website can help you decide what size. These shoes come in fun designs which kids love and the best part is, they won't come off, no matter how your child tugs (at least in my experience, and my DS has certainly tried!)
HTH,

Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

Lucia
02-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi Kasi,
A friend got us hooked on Bobux and we love them. As everyone has already mentioned they stay on, they're comfortable, and there are lots of great color choices. DS has small, narrow feet and the Bobux do great for him. We've never tried any of the other brands, but have friends who love Robeez. The best way to make your decision would be to try them on for comparison. I know the BobuxUSA website has a great return policy and they have been very helpful (we live in Japan and it took two tries before we got the right size for DS). The other thing that is fun about these little shoes is that we always get comments on them...our Japanese neighbors get a big kick out of seeing our blonde haired, blue eyed son in his Bobux whale shoes! Have fun making your decision! (I wish they made shoes for adults that were so much fun and so comfortable!)

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

raynjen
02-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Lucia,

Where in Japan do you live? We've been in Okinawa for just over a year now and love it though I definitely miss the shopping in the states! I know what you mean about the Japanese, my daughter is blond (more or less) and blue eyed so we get mobbed wherever we go. It seems everyone wants to touch her (especially her hair) and have their picture taken with her.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)