PDA

View Full Version : Already planning Christmas photo - need to stop the obsession

ChicagoMama
02-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Someone please give me a reality check. Now that I have discovered the art of "treasure hunting" for sales on the Hanna website, I have now recently convinced myself that the entire family needs the "let it snow" sweater in black for next year's Christmas photo. Someone stop my insanity, please.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/13/03

houseof3boys
02-26-2004, 12:45 AM
LOL because I already ordered Ryan an outfit from Talbots that was on major sale! We got it a few days ago and I'm already looking forward to seeing him in it. Fingers crossed that it fits him. :)

Keep up the insanity Becky. I am sure we are not the only ones here doing it!!!

AngelaS
02-26-2004, 08:54 AM
LOL I bought fabric a couple months ago to make the girl's Christmas dresses from. :D I plan to make them smocked jumpers so I'll need to get an early start... LOL

momathome
02-26-2004, 12:27 PM
I bought red velour dresses at Talbot's kids on clearance for $12.50 a piece for the girls for next Christmas - and the dresses they wore for this past Christmas I had purchased from Hanna last year in a clearance sale! Go for it!
-Lauren

Kimberly H
02-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Clearance at The Children's Place Outlet! Mia has several holiday ensembles in two different sizes, just in case. What we don't use, we'll share with work buddies.

Musicmom
03-22-2004, 10:28 AM
I discovered One Of A Kind kid last fall. HELP! They have all the great traditional looking clothing I love. I bought a Bailey Boys coverall, not on sale, but just what I wanted for the Xmas picture of the 22 mo. Also it's reversible from Santa to footballs for extended wear.

I love the 2 Hanna Outlets. I also buy things from the catalog but it's hard to buy coordinated "family" outfits or mom/son outfits. I just ordered us 2 matching shirts, I figure we can each wear different pants.
If anyone knows a place that has mom/son clothing please post it.

My best bargain was the velveteen shortall, robins egg blue, that I bought for .50 at a thrift shop for my nephew to wear with a white turtleneck at his baptism (he was too big for the heirloom gown)
katie

I think it's cuter if everyone doesnt dress identically, you could buy the sweaters for the kids and have mom/dad in coordinating turtlenecks.

C99
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
I bought all of us matching LE Christmas sweaters for next year at Sears at the end-of-season closeout sale!

urbanmama
04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Don't feel bad. It looks like you are in good company. I love dresses from Strasburg Children and I bought 2 each for my daughters (matching, of course) for next Christmas!

Marie

toomanystrollers
04-25-2004, 08:33 AM
LOL - I already have matching blackwatch plaid LE dresses for the girls from overstocks ($8.99 each) and ofcourse, the matching shirt was not available in Shea's size.

parkersmama
04-28-2004, 09:45 PM
I've already starting thinking about it, too! I think for this Christmas, I will avoid buying outfits in traditional Christmas colors for our pic. I'm thinking of dressing everyone in light blue & winter white for something a touch different. I find that I buy their Christmas outfits thinking they'll be dressy clothes for the winter and then they never wear them after Christmas because they look too Christmasy! ugh.