PDA

View Full Version : Pajama ideas--Sara's Prints comparable?

laurajaney
03-21-2004, 07:15 PM
I am constantly struggling to find PJs to fit my 31lb. 2 y.o. son. In clothing, he generally wears a 3T on top & 2T on bottom. I know most PJs are supposed to be snug-fitting for safety, but even when I go up a size or 2, they just seem to get longer not wider.

One of the only things I have found -- and I love! -- that fit nicely (and are SO soft) are the Sara's Prints PJs. (We've been fortunate to get some hand-me-downs, albeit well-worn ones.)

But the thought of spending $35 on a pair of PJs, especially when I need multiple pairs, just kind of kills me....

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!!
:-) Laura

momathome
03-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Keep an eye out for Sara's Prints at Marshalls - much, much cheaper. Skivvydoodles are another terrific brand that I have seen online and at Marshalls and they are terrific - soft, flame-retardent cotton that are very high quality - definitely order at least one-two sizes bigger. If you have a So Fun Kids outlet near you, there pj's are wonderful, too - also buy a size up. HTH!!!
-Lauren

laurajaney
03-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks, Lauren! Marshalls is a great idea. I've never heard of So Fun Kids. Do they have a catalogue/website or is it outlet only?

:-) Laura

mattiew
03-30-2004, 09:30 AM
You may also want to try TJ Maxx. I just saw the short sleeve/shorts version at our's. If you are interested in them I will go back and pick them up.

HTH!
Carrie

momathome
03-30-2004, 10:17 AM
They do have a website and I think you can order from the site, but I never have. I am just guessing that there are better deals at the outlet. When I went in February, there jammies, which retail for $28 but are normally $20 at the outlet, were on winter clearance for $8. The quality is terrific and the cotton is very soft. Where do you live??? They have outlets across the country, I think. HTH!!!
-Lauren

laurajaney
03-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Carrie,

That's so nice of you!

I never had any shorts jammies for him because in the summer we usually have the A/C on so it's pretty cool in the house. On warmer spring nights (when we aren't running the A/C), I just let him sleep in a onesie. It's just occuring to me now that I may have to rethink that -- he may be getting a little big for onesies. Do you recall how much are the shorts jammies are at TJ Maxx? I see them on ebay starting at $10.

Thanks!
Laura

laurajaney
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi, Lauren,

We're in the Chicago area. I guess it's possible that there are outlets near me. It's been ages since I've been outlet shopping. (Like DH, DS is not very tolerant of shopping!!) I'll have to check. I went to Marshalls today. No luck finding any Sara's Prints (but I nevertheless picked up a few s/s tops for DS). Stupid question: Are the Sara's Prints jammies on hangers or are they packaged in plastic and on wall displays or in bins?

Thanks!
Laura

momathome
03-31-2004, 10:29 AM
At my Marshalls they are on hangers. Good luck on your quest!
-Lauren

campmor
05-18-2004, 11:41 AM
You can get some cheaper $15-20 from www.campmor.com. It's a camping/sports site so it's probably one you haven't tried. They offer good service and prices for kids' clothes and coats. Type Sara's Prints in the site search box since they are grouped in several catgories under kids' clothes (pjs and shorts and long underwear).

kelly ann
05-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Laura-

I believe I have seen these in the past in the sale section on the One Step Ahead website.

Momof3Labs
05-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Either the Marshall's or the TJ Maxx at Gurnee Mills tends to have these. I think that they run about $15/pair?

laurajaney
05-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I checked One Step Ahead. They do have them, but only 1 print (and it's for girls) and only size 7, but I can keep them in mind for future.

Gurnee Mills is a great idea (less than 30 min from home), and $15 a pair is a bargain! I haven't been in ages. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks again!
Laura

Momof3Labs
05-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Laura, I was just at TJ Maxx (we live 5 minutes from Gurnee Mills) and didn't see any Sara's Prints (though I didn't look too hard), but they did have some St. Eve Kids PJs for boys that were VERY cute. They were $7 a pair and shorts style. I didn't check Marshall's - didn't have time.

ETA: Try eBay too. I just did a search and found Sara's Prints for about $15/pair brand new.

Jens3girlies
05-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Carter's outlets are another option. I think they still make 100% cotton, loose-fitting pajamas. I haven't been to an outlet in about two years, but I remember that they cost about $13-$15 a pair and I loaded up. I've searched hard to find a place to buy them online, but was told by Carter's that the outlets were the best place to find them.

I also buy Sara's Prints at TJ Maxx and new Skivvydoodles (marvelousmaxie and a couple of other sellers) on eBay.

JakesMom
06-15-2004, 05:20 AM
Hi!

Laura, I saw you said you're in the Chicago area. Do you belong to Costco, or know anyone who does? They sell these really cute PJ sets for boys and girls that don't shrink much, and come in sizes 2T-12. I can't recall the brand (and my kids are sleeping, so I can't creep into their room and check), but they're only $10 per set. During the colder months they sell the long-sleeved, long pant types, and in the summer, short-sleeved short sets. Some of the prints are really cute, and the colors are fun. (Yes, even for the boys' styles! My faves have fire engines, hydrants, and dalmations all over a bright blue background).

Best,
JT

Jacob 01/2000
Daniel 08/2002