PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Mini Boden clothes?

sparkeze
03-25-2004, 02:33 AM
I recently got a catalog from a company called Mini Boden which is based in England and the clothes were really cute! Also they specifically state that the clothes are not made in sweatshops.

http://www.miniboden.com

Anyone?

sugarsnappea
03-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Isn't this clothing adorable? I posted the same question about a month ago on the BB layette forum. Unfortunately, nobody has replied. I plan on ordering a few things come summer. I hope someone familiar with the brand can give us some info. :)

mamahill
03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Oooh, I'm glad you asked. I don't have any experience with the clothes, but I get their catalog every other week (it seems - ok, maybe not THAT frequent). It's gorgeous stuff. maybe I'll have to order some stuff to do a little research for the group. ;)

momathome
03-29-2004, 06:27 PM
I bought both girls the fleece-lined anorak that was in there fall catalog and we love it - the jacket is adorable, the colors are vibrant, and the quality seems very good. I have 2 complaints about MiniBoden, though - so often, I have seen adorable tops or adorable pants in the catalog and then have a horrible time matching them up - none of the tops and bottoms ever really seem to go together. Also, there is no sale page on their website or in their catalog, which given how pricey there clothing can be, is somewhat annoying. Based on how much I love the anoraks, I would defintely order from them again.
-Lauren

shishamo
04-02-2004, 05:24 PM
I really really like their catalog, but the price always stops me from hitting that 'order' button. Anyway, just wanted to mention that there was a sale last January (I think) on the web-it was 20 or 25% off everything. I thought about ordering something, then thought, wait a minute, maybe in a few weeks everything will be 40% off....well, after a week, pretty much everything was sold out :(

So, I'm going to try to order something during their summer sale this time! Oh, and my friend from England said that it is a very nice quality stuff but pricey.

momathome
04-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Ugh, that's annoying! I am on their e-mail list, I never heard anything about a sale! If you see anything for the summer sale, please let me know. Thanks!
-Lauren

shishamo
04-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Sure, I will be happy to post either here or at layette board if I see anything. FYI, I'm also on their email list, and I never heard from them either - I just 'happen' to check their website, and saw the sign said 'website updating-please check back on so and so'. I had a hunch that this may mean that the sale is about to start that day, and I was right. Sorry I can't remember the exact date, but it was definetely around when Hanna was having a sale (I know, not very helpful).

Roleysmom
04-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Hi. I really like Mini Boden clothes. I've ordered a handful of things and have been impressed with the quality (nice thick fabrics) and the style. I think they're a little more interesting and stylish than Lands End and even Hanna (heresay, I know!) They wash well and hold up great. My favorites are the striped turtlenecks; they are thick and yummy. We have a fleecy sweatshirt with a farm scene that is nice and soft and comfy. The only thing I've noticed is that the fitted tee shirts are much smaller than the regular shirts. Last fall, in one order I got the graphic print tee shirt and the fleecy sweat shirt in the same size, 18 to 24 months, and the fitted tee was snug (and Roley's pretty small) but the sweat shirt was quite big with lots of room to grow.

Maybe I'm opening a can of worms here -- but the women's clothes are great too! (Although I've had more problems with the women's sizing than the kids.)

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia --01-04-02