PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of Toddler University shoes?

lmladuke
03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I saw them at the Stride Rite outlet the other day. They were pretty cute. Sort of sporty. I asked the guy at stride rite. He said they bought the company a while ago and just recently started distributing under that label again.

Has anyone seen them or heard anything about them? Is the quality comparable to regular stride rite?

Lori

Kimberly H
03-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Lori, I think my boys had TU shoes when they were little and we did a lot of early shoe shopping at Nordstrom's so I would've probably gotten them there. Not much help as it was sooooooooooooo long ago, but at least I've heard of them!

luluc
04-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Toddler University shoes were founded by the owner of Preschoolian shoes. Stride Rite bought the company a little while ago. I just read this on their website www.preschoolians.com Don't know much more about them. Hope that helps!

naomi01
07-08-2004, 10:51 PM
My son has them, from the original Toddler University, to my knowledge defunct for at least a few years now. My ex-uncle used to be the Australian distributor and my mother sends them to us periodically. We were very very pleased with them and I am interested to see they may be back in business. They were far more flexible in the sole than the Stride Rites ever were (even the NMS) and the sizes 3-5 looked very comfortable for him, I haven't seen the next size up yet.

Naomi

sobers3
07-18-2004, 06:53 PM
I always bought Toddler University shoes for my son and he is 19 now!! They were very nice quality and very flexable. They had really nice styles and colors. I remember some were washable leather and I used to throw them in the washing machine and they came out like new. Can't wait to buy them for my DGS!

ryleesgrams
07-28-2004, 03:10 PM
We also had the original TU shoes for my boys when they were little. They are 18 and 19 now. The nice thing was the three inserts. My 19yo had narrow feet and my 18yo had wide feet and I could still pass the shoes down. They were very cute and very spory back then and I am very excited about being able to buy them for my grandchildren.

Cat