PDA

View Full Version : How many outfits does a toddler need for summer?

JElaineB
04-17-2004, 03:16 PM
From the way DS was today, I'm thinking at least 2 outfits per day! We went outside before lunch and he was digging in the garden dirt that DH had tilled last week. He was flinging dirt everywhere! He had fun, but it got all over his clothes. I did not want to put him in his crib for nap all dirty, so I changed him before nap. Oh, that doesn't count that I already changed him once this morning because he was trying to drink out of a cup and spilled water all over himself. Maybe I should just put him outside in a swimsuit and t-shirt this summer and hose him off frequently?! :) I think I have plenty of summer clothes, probably 7-8 rompers and 8 shorts/t-shirt combos, so even if I only do laundry once a week (which is what I usually do) I hopefully have enough!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

brubeck
04-17-2004, 06:51 PM
So your first mistake was changing his shirt because he spilled water on it! Unless he is drenched just let it air dry. If it is drenched, line dry it so you don't have to fully wash it.

If your DS is a total disaster outdoors then yes, perhaps you should just let him play in a bathing suit and t-shirt and hose him off! That's what summer is all about, right? :)

egoldber
04-17-2004, 11:09 PM
I usually have to plan for 2-3 outfits per day in the summer. Playing outside is HARD on clothes!

HTH,

kaitlinsmommy
04-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Hi Beth,
I didn't know you were expecting #2. Congratulations!

pamela mom of 3
04-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Well probably depends alot on where they play and what exactly your child likes to do.

We live rual so my son can go through several outfits in one day between getting wet, mud and sandbox play their is alot to get dirty with.

Some kids though tend to be cleaner than others...my son is next to impossible, he is like a dirt magnet LOL

I have never counted how many outfits we have but they fill drawers, many time even over the winter{yes the boy can find a way to get dirty even being inside }( } we were going through 2-4 shirts a day. Since the weather has improved he wore what?...um 2-3pants yesterday and a couple shirts.

Plus i still end up doing several washes a week, i'm probably on the extreme here with my kiddo's but boy they get dirty here :D

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

ChicagoMama
04-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Hi Jennifer,

I was admonishing myself earlier in the month, thinking that I had purchased too many clothes for Shelby for summer, that my ebay addiction needed to be curbed as well ...that is, until we've spent a few days playing outside and running around. Yes, we are officially at 2+ outfits per day. We do laundry once a week or so. We have about 16 play outfits (various combos of shorts/t-shirts/playdresses) and 3 "nice" outfits to wear to church/birthday parties, etc. - and it looks like we'll be getting plenty of use out of this stuff. And I thought that I went overboard!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

lisams
04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
I also thought I went overboard on summer clothes, but we are going through 2 and sometimes 3 outfits a day with her playing outside at least twice a day. We do laundry once a week also, so I'm not feeling as bad about how many outfits she has!!!

Lisa

egoldber
04-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Well, I think we had a record day today! :) We have seriously started working on learning to drink from a cup, and had about 5 outfit changes!

brubeck
04-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Beth the Baby Bjorn (or similar) bib is fantastic in this situation. It catches all the spills from the cup and everything that dribbles down the chin.