PDA

View Full Version : Need long pants for skinny DS

Drews Mom
04-23-2004, 11:58 PM
My 15-month old is tall and skinny. He's still in a 6-9 month or 9-12 month size, but he is tall, so all the pants are flood-like. (If he was a girl, I could call them capris and we'd be fine!) Does anyone know of brands that run long? I've tried Children's Place, Walmart, Target, Kohl's, etc.

Thanks!

kaitlinsmommy
04-24-2004, 12:11 AM
DD has the same problem - she's still wearing her 6-9 mos. shorts from last summer. She can still wear 12 month Circo pants & the length is okay for her. Otherwise she has pants from LE & Gap in 18 month that I roll the waist over so they stay on. I hope you find something that works.

I have found that Old Navy runs kinda small so things from there fit her better too.

luvbeinmama
04-24-2004, 03:24 AM
Try Old Navy. My SIL got a lot of stuff from them for her tall skinny DS.

Lucia
04-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Hi!
My son is built the same way...he wears a lot of overalls and one-pieces because of this (hard to find pants that fit in the waist and are long engough). We have had luck with a few brands that seem to run long and thin...gymboree, janie and jack, babystyle, and sometimes the gap (I know none of these brands are cheap, however you can get some good deals if you search). I have also been told that Gap makes some of their pants with adjustable waistband...some sort of button system inside waistband that really helps. Good luck in your hunt...you are not alone!

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

JElaineB
04-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Have you tried Osh Kosh? I always find them to be really long on DS, even when they fit him in the waist.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Drews Mom
04-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Thaznks for all the ideas. I've tried Old Navy (pants too short), but not most of the others. I will certainly search out the inside-button Gap pants and try Osh Kosh.

Thanks again,
Andy

kaitlinsmommy
04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
fyi - the Gap adjustable pants start at 2T.

BethinMass
04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
The Gap and some Old navy pants (same adjustable waist thing) are the only things I can fit on my daughter :/ she's skinny but tall.

It's too bad they start at 2t because they are great!

Drews Mom
04-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Yep, I found out about Gap not starting until a bigger size. Oh well, we'll keep trying and are very happy that summer in Chicago is starting soon enough - yea for shorts!

sarsah
05-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Try Old Navy or Carters -- we've had good luck with them. Sometimes Gymboree works well too.

One trick with Old Navy -- find the size you want, then hold them up to another pair that is marked the same size. You will find that some are longer than others and some of the waists are larger than others but all are marked with the same size.

I go through the rack and find the longest pair of pants in DS's waist size.

Sarah......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)