PDA

View Full Version : Overalls for Toddler

cara1
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Stupid question about overalls. I love how DS looks in overalls. But now that we're potty training, I feel like it would be silly. Just received a pair of "shortalls" as a gift. Haven't cut off the tags yet. What do you think?

hjdong
06-22-2004, 11:30 PM
I've been thinking about that as well. We're not "really" potty training yet, but Jamie will go on the potty two to three times a day and I've pretty much stopped the overalls and one piece outfits if we're at home because it's such a pain in the butt for me. If I know we're going to be out all day, I'll let him wear them. But again, we're not really potty training. I imagine once I get serious about it, we'll give them up all together.

atlbaby
06-23-2004, 12:06 AM
I'd probably return them. Arielle has enough trouble pulling down/up her underwear and then her shorts right now. The thought of her then trying to attach straps over her shoulders is very comical to me. I can see her just giving up and running around with her shortalls around her ankles. :) But, on the other hand, if you love him in shortalls maybe keep them and just use them on weekends when he's not at daycare and you can help him yourself?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

luvbeinmama
06-23-2004, 01:15 AM
DS has been potty trained for over a year, and he is just now wearing overalls again. Personally, I would return them and wait before getting them again.

hjdong
06-25-2004, 04:21 PM
I just read in a potty training book from the library to take the buckles off and replace it with velcro. I'm not sure I would do it with a new pair, but I'm going to try it with some we already own. I'll let you know how it works.

cara1
06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll return them.