PDA

View Full Version : Stride Rites or Preschoolians?

supercalifragilous
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
We never tried Robeez or Bobux or Elefanten (never heard of before)... when DD started walking we put her in Weeboks. When she graduated to size 4, we switched to Stride Rite, but only b/c I found them at the Nordstrom Rack for $19.90.

Now I've seen threads for Preschoolians and I'm wondering if I should switch to the softer-soled shoes... DD's been walking for 2 months now so is it too late?

Are the thin rubber soles on the soft Preschoolians sturdy enough to walk outside on rocks (hiking)?

Do Preschoolians come in various widths or are they stretchy to fit all?

Is one (Preschoolians versus Stride Rite) better than the other?

pamela mom of 3
06-24-2004, 09:08 PM
How old is she? Their are different types depending upon their walking ability.

Width wise they use inserts which is good and bad..they are a bulkier shoe i find than some other brands we have had, stride rite, new balance etc...

The washing ability of the preschoolians is nice and they are quite scuff proof, ds didn't ruin his rugged hikers despite our gravel drive and they are very flexible also...but after he outgrew them i didn't buy again i went back to what was available here i found the price was just too much and personally i do question the ankle support for the older toddlers/preschoolers.

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

jbrandy
06-25-2004, 10:12 AM
We love our Preschoolians. My son will be 15 months next week and we have just ordered our 3rd pair. Until June 30 they are an additional 20% off (discount code: bypopulardemand). I just bought a pair for $34.36. I know this may seem high compared to Gap tennis shoes or shoes you would by at Target or Walmart but....I am willing to pay more for shoes that are more comfortable for my son, hold up well, and come from a company with great customer service! These shoes come with 3 different insoles for different width feet. I find that they are great even on rough surfaces (rocks, etc...) an our very durable. The shoes my son has now we've had for over 4 months and they still look brand new.

The company's customer service is outstanding!!! They will even ship you two pair if you're unsure of the price and give you a return mailing bag for the pair you would need to return. They have online help and ship fast!!! I ordered our 3rd pair on Tuesday and they arrived on Thursday.

I wish you luck with your decision. I can tell you though, We LOVE our preschoolians and will continue to purchase them.

Beth
Mom to Evan 4-4-03

supercalifragilous
06-25-2004, 02:53 PM
When you say it's "bulkier," are you referring to the Watch Me Stand ones or the I Can Walk?

DD is 14 months and has been walking for 2 months now. She's not yet climbing but hobbles along nicely. She's gone thru a pair of Weeboks and Stride Rites so far when I stumbled across the Preschoolians thread here. (I didn't even know there was a Toddler Bargains board, duh!)

For your 15-m/o DS, are you getting the WMS or ICW? How long has he been walking?

Also, I noticed online that the soles of the WMS and ICW are really different -- are ICW basically just like Stride Rite shoes (like regular shoes)?? Or is there something special about them too?

jbrandy
06-27-2004, 10:17 PM
I have ordered the I can walk for my son. He's been walking since he was 11 months. The soles are very flexible but sturdy. He's walked on rocks and stones with no problems. I haven't had any of the WMS. I'm going to stick with the I Can Walk shoes for a while since he seems to really like wearing them.

Also, I threw them in the washer and drier yesterday and they look brand new! I usually just use a little soap and water or a diaper wipe to wipe off day to day smudges on them but I thought I'd try out the washer and drier this time. Works like a charm. Also, when they say they don't scuff they mean it. Evan has been wearing the pair of shoes he has now for months and not a scuff to be found.

HOpe this helps. Remember you can always order a pair from Preschoolians and if you don't like them send them back in the postage paid envelope.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Beth B

supercalifragilous
06-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks so much for your input! I called Preschoolians and since DD is a good walker they recommended the ICW. She said they're still pliable enough to roll into a ball with your hand, it's just got a flexible sole.

I wonder how frequently they have specials... I might have to order a couple extra for the future...

Do you know if any are on the swap board?

jbrandy
06-28-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure if there are any on the swap board but they do have specials every few months. I seem to find them posted on the baby bargains Coupons and sales board. They have lowered their prices in general since the last time I ordered and the bypopulardemand offer is good until June 30 I believe.

I hope you love them as much as we do. Don't be afraid to put them in the washer they come out great!!!

Let me know what you think.

Beth