PDA

View Full Version : Lands' End has some Hanna-ish long johns for $19.50

christic
07-10-2004, 10:51 PM
I've always liked the look of the Hanna long johns but the price keeps me from pulling the trigger. These look pretty similar though

http://tinyurl.com/2w3ce

Only downside is the smallest size they sell is 4, but I bought some anyway figuring we'll just roll the legs and sleeves for a while. Description says they fit snugly also.

kelly ann
07-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Chris-

Those are cute! Even though they say "girls", I will keep my eye on the dusk blue PJs for DS.

ETA: They have some in the boys area - blue and gray. I think I like the girls dusk blue better though.

egoldber
07-11-2004, 02:45 PM
I saw these and I was really tempted. Maybe in the fall.

Just FYI though, the size 4's will likely be cut very slim through the *ahem* posterior, and won't be sized to include diaper room.

christic
07-11-2004, 09:33 PM
>Just FYI though, the size 4's will likely be cut very slim
>through the *ahem* posterior, and won't be sized to include
>diaper room.

I was wondering about that too...perhaps I need to spend more time in the potty training forum! I don't think "Mommy finds cute pajamas" is on anyone's list of readiness signs though :(. Will see how they work with her Ultratrims...

And Kelly Ann, I agree that the boys' ones are kind of dreary. I'd definitely go for the dusk blue instead. Didn't realize they had another set on the boys side until after I posted.

christic
09-12-2004, 09:48 PM
So I bought a couple of the LE ones before realizing that with the 20% off code and a little sleuthing I could also get a pair of Hannas for the same price. Thought I'd compare the two if anyone's interested.

The LE sz 4 is almost identical in length to a Hanna 100. The Hanna's do have a more generous cut though, but after washing this was really noticeable only in the arms, a bit in the leg too. The Hanna's also probably have more diaper room, but both worked fine with Alice's disposables.

One place where I thought the LE's were better is the wasteband. The Hanna's have kind of a gathered elastic band where the LE's elastic is completely stitched in. So it's a flat smooth band instead of being bunchy if that makes sense.

As far as fabric, I think the LE striped fabric is just as soft and thick as the Hannas. I also bought the polka dot pair from LE, and although I love the look the fabric is definitely a bit thinner.

Alice is 2 1/2 and should really still be in a 90, but both the 100s and the LE sz 4 work fine for her with a little rolling. I'd buy any of these again for the under $20 I paid. Probably prefer the Hanna's overall but can't say that I found them so much better that I'd pay full price.