PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Nordstrom's Shoppers...this bargain-hunter needs help!

Melanie
07-19-2004, 02:56 AM
I want to get Ds some quality sandals & shoes. Do you think they'd still have sandals and would kids' sandals & shoes be a part of this sale? There's a Nordy's about 30 min. from me, but honestly I couldn't begin to tell you the last time I was in there, but it was probably in pursuit of guess jeans if that gives you a hint. LOL!

Brands I'm thinking of are Primigi, Naturino, Elefanten...Jumping Jacks...

TIA!

mom2kandj
07-19-2004, 04:36 AM
Melanie -

We were just on the hunt for brown or navy sandals for DS this weekend as he has outgrown his current Munchkins and needs something to get him through at least October-November. We hit two Nordstroms(Mission Viejo and San Diego Horton Plaza). DS wears a size 8.5W and we walked out with NOTHING!

I take that back, I did impulse buy a Western Chief brown cowboy rainboot/umbrella set!

Back to sandals, DS squeezed into some Stride Rite *waves* in a 8W and about $25. I am in total denial that he no longer fits in Natural Motion! :( FWIW, I also saw SR *guppy* that goes to a size 8 in both navy or brown for about $17. Nordstrom also had their own *european style* elefanten knockoffs that didn't really do it for me as they were rather high up on the ankle for a sandal, KWIM? I think those were about $25. I did find some SR *spinners* in a 9 that would work, but they look too much like an adult sport sandal with leather detail, plus they weren't on sale! Anyhoo, I'm taking a break and will resume the search for boys' sandals next week when the kids and I head out to the outlets in Barstow and Vegas on the way to my parents house!

ETA - Not sandals, but cute fall Jumping Jacks! http://tinyurl.com/6yxdc

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

egoldber
07-19-2004, 07:15 AM
I don't know about CA Nordstroms, but the ones near me have no sandals on sale anymore. They do have some left in stock, but I think they are full price.

The Anniversary Sale is mainly for the roll out of their fall and back to school lines.

HTH,

Marisa6826
07-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Hanna had Primigis on clearance. If you can snag them with that coupon code, they'd be a steal.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C15%7C7%7C84%7C95%7C5%7C%7C

Hurry!!!

-m

arcoe
07-19-2004, 11:27 AM
I bought DD a pair of Primigi sandals, and we absolutely love them. They are so sturdy, yet flexible enough for DD's growing foot. My dad is a podiatrist, and is really picky about DD's shoes, and completely endorses these sandals :). I highly recommend them if you can snag a pair like this at Hanna. What a great deal!

Robin
Mom to Lexy (22 months)

Melanie
07-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Those Primigis are a GREAT deal (wondering if they can be added to my last hanna order or if it shipped - LOL).

Robin, how do you think they 'run' as far as width? I am hesitant to buy online b/c Ds has a wide foot.

ETA - I was also wondering about flexibility, as we've had some elefantens bought online and they were not as flexible as the stride rites.

Melanie
07-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks Rose. Ds actually has a pair of Stride Rite Fishermans, but I like to have 2 pairs of sandals to rotate daily so his feet don't get a blister (happened last year with our elefantens!). His pair of cheap (but rather nice/flexible and leather) payless sandals fell apart 2 days ago and I need another pair to rotate in.

I didn't realize natural motion stopped at 8. Ds is a 7.5, I guess I've got a few more months before I have to switch to the Italian $$$ shoes. lol.

Sorry your nordy's trips were unsuccessful. At least Horton Plaza is fun!

I'm not sure if I'm going to go today or not...if they're not on sale I don't know that I want to go to nordstrom's, but on the other hand to see some of these brands in person (not on Ds' friends feet - LOL) so I can see how flexible they are or are not, might be useful.

Melanie
07-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Bummer...thanks Beth. That drove me nuts last summer at a Stride Rite near us...no sandals on sale but school shoes are. They ought to have the sandals at a great price now!

arcoe
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
My DD has a wide foot, and they fit her really well. The pair that we have are very flexible. I can bend them from heel to toe with one hand. We also have a few pairs of Preschoolians (not the sandals though), and they are really flexible as well. They don't charge shipping, and have a great return policy, so that might be another route to go (www.preschoolians.com).

Robin

Melanie
07-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks...maybe I'll get them.

I have a thing against preschoolians b/c their coupon codes are never for the bigger kid shoes.

ETA: "I can bend them from heel to toe with one hand." that is always the test I do, too!

suzyb
09-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Give the owner a call or email and let him know....knowing their service and how he feels about customer service he'll give you a code to use for the bigger kid shoes. I am sure he would rather give you the discount than lose the business!!!

Just bought SYL's for my 3 year old and Jeff gave me a code to use. Worth a shot!!!!