PDA

View Full Version : So how long is he going to wear 2T?

Karenn
08-02-2004, 11:48 AM
I know all kids are different, but the growth does generally slow down now a bit doesn't it? If he's wearing 2T now, will he most likely still be wearing it 3 mos. from now? Do the numbers roughly correspond with ages in years?

Momof3Labs
08-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Karen, I wish that I knew!! Colin blew through 2T in his 18 month growth spurt (pretty much went from 18-24m to 3T). At least in some brands - others still fit him. I checked the CDC growth charts, and it looks like growth slows down considerably between ages 2 and 3, so hopefully we'll be in 3T for a while...

luvbeinmama
08-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Yes, the growth does slow down right after 2 years. What I might do, if you are worried about getting fall/winter clothing, is this: Get shirts in 3T. They are about the same around as 2T, but slightly longer, so they should fit him now, just adding some length. The pants I get truer to size and you may be able to get some in 2T and have them last a bit. DS is about average ht & wt. The winter he turned 2 he was in 2T pants, the winter he turned 3 he started in the 2Ts which were getting short and moved into 3T. Last winter he started in 3T and moved into 4T. He's been in 4T tops the last 2 winters (yay, my t-shirts have lasted a while!), and is now moving slowly into 5T shirts, though the 4Ts do still fit.

HTH!

lukkykatt
08-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Growth will slow down now. Depending on when he started wearing 2T, most likely he will still be wearing that size in 3 months.

At about age 2, *usually* kids are in the same size for a year. So you will have one summer and one winter in the same size. This is a generalization, but most of my friends have experienced this.

The numbers are supposed to correspond to years, but alot depends on the size of your child and the brand of the clothes. I also usually size up for pajamas because I like all cotton, and I don't like them to be super tight.

MelissaTC
08-03-2004, 08:36 PM
LOL...I am still waiting for Matthew's growth spurt! He has grown a little bit but not much. All of his little friends are shooting up and Matthew is still on the short end. He wears some 18 months, some 18-24 month items. I bought him a boatload of 2,2T so he'd better grow. He has been the same shoe size for forever as well! UGH! He is wearing everything out but when I take him to get sized, he is still the same size! I guess they all grow at their own rates. He did spend around 8 months in 6-12....

colleenfs
08-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Julia is 2.5 now, 33 pounds, 36 inches. She has short legs.

Last fall, I bought some clothes in 18-24 months and some in 2T. Her 2T shirts started to get small by mid-winter, so I started getting 3T tops. She can still wear some of the 2T pants now, because she has short legs.

Julia has been in mostly 3T for the summer. For the fall, I'm buying 3T pants, but anticipating that they will be too big at first, so we'll go back to some of last year's 2T pants at first. Depending on the brand, I am buying tops in 3T and in 4T. When I buy cheaper items (Sears, Kohl's, some Carters) I go to 4T for tops. I'm going to stick with 3T for Lands End, Gymbo, Rugged Bear, as they seem to be cut more generously.

Hope this helps!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Melanie
08-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Ds is about the same age/size. He barely grew between 1 year and 2 years. He was in 2t for a few months, but because of cloth diapers I bumped him up to 3t. I'll bet that now he is in underpants I can pull out some of the 2ts that were too small.

Sorry, I guess I am NO hope. I would say buy 2t for stuff you want to be worn up to age 2.5 and go from there.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

lotsofjoy
08-19-2004, 01:27 PM
my DD wore 2T for the summer and she will be 3 in sept. She wore 18-24 until April or May. Now she is in mostly 3T but can still fit int a lot of the 2T, mostly bottoms though.