PDA

View Full Version : shoes

kasi
08-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi all!

My daughter is now almost 16 months old. She's been wearing strictly Robeez and Bobux shoes because that's what my pediatrician recommended and all the research I did suggested that soft, flexible soles with no heel elevations are best for foot development. Now she's starting day care 2 days a week, and they want her in something sturdier. I'm really struggling with what to get her that will still allow her feet to develop well. I'm considering Nike Pico, Elefanten, and Ecco. Any recommendations? Should I consider something else? What are people's experiences with these brands? I just don't know what to do.

Thanks!

Kasi

jbrandy
08-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I also used Robeez and loved them and then we went to Preschoolians. These are VERY flexible soles (you can fold the shoe in half, they are so flexible) and they have a see through window on the bottom to see how they fit. In order to use the see through window on the bottom you must remove the insole and then put your child's foot in. If their toe comes to the first line they fit properly. Then you just re-insert the insole and wear them. They also come with 3 different insoles each time you order (narrow, regular, and wide insoles). These shoes are leather but can be thrown in the washer and drier. They are also virtually scuff proof. They are a little more expensive but worth it -- the company has FABULOUS customer service -- in fact some of the stitching came lose on DS shoe (it was cosmetic not something that was making the shoe come apart) and they shipped me another pair for free even when our shoes were over 3 months old. I can not speak highly enough for this company -- we will be wearing these shoes for a long time! Their website is www.preschoolians.com . If you do a search on this forum and the baby bargins forum you will find LOTS of posts and discount codes about these shoes.

Hope this helps.
Beth B
Mom to Evan 4-4-03

Jeanmick
08-11-2004, 01:29 PM
I totally swear by Nike Pico! It's a great shoe. Both my kids wear them. My DD is into her 3rd pair and I just bought my DS his first pair a couple of months ago (he still wears Robeez too, but uses the Nikes outside when playing at the park). I've always purchased the shoes at Mervyn's (hope they have one in your area) at a reasonable price. HTH!

Edited for spelling.

Jeanmick
08-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Double post...sorry!

JElaineB
08-11-2004, 05:34 PM
I like Stride Rite Natural Motion System shoes. DS has a wide to extra-wide foot and these are the only ones I can find (in person) that fit him well and are flexible.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

younhiekim
08-17-2004, 06:14 PM
I agree. DD is also an extra wide, and her Preschoolians were too narrow for her. Now, DD will always choose her SR over any other shoe.

pamela mom of 3
08-18-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm also a stride rite NMS fan, they were always flexible and came in many cute styles ;)

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

lisams
08-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Another thumbs up for Stride Rite, DD also has extra-wide feet and these are the only ones that fit her well.

Lisa