PDA

View Full Version : Searching for pajamas

sparkeze
09-13-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm looking for pajamas for DS that are cotton, not flame resistant, and have a covered elastic waist. I have hannas that are perfect but pricey when I need about 4-5 sets! I also have oshkosh longjohns that fit the bill but at regular price I might as well get hannas which are a lot thicker and nicer. Are there any other options? The other stuff I've seen is either flame resistant or has the exposed elastic on the waist.

Thanks!!

mmaimp
09-13-2004, 10:27 PM
I read a similar post a few months ago and Sara's Prints were recommended. I purchased a pair short pjs off ebay for summer and really liked them. They are about $25 - $35 through catalogs but I just bought another pair of long ones at TJ Maxx for $17. They are softer after washing. I don't think they are as thick as our hanna zippers. They fit all of your other requirements and the sizing starts at 2T.

HTH,

shishamo
09-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Have you tried calling Hanna outlets? I picked up 2 pairs of organic longjohns for $15 each just a few weeks ago (Lake Oswego). They are blue/white stripe and gray/white stripe.

Melanie
09-14-2004, 04:50 AM
I was just going to suggest that or eBay.

calebsmama03
10-03-2004, 04:37 PM
For a cheap and faster alternative to ebay or HA outlets (ours never has anything!), we bought Tykes (Carters) PJ's at Target. They are cotton with covered elastic waist and they come in fairly cute prints. They are 2 pairs for 12.99, so the price can't be beat!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

sarsah
10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Some of the Carters 100% cotton PJs (also Tykes brand sold at Target) have a covered elastic waist. I get most of the Carters at Kohl's.

Target also carries Circo brand in the larger sizes 4+ with covered elastic waist. We have many of both Tykes and Circo and they hold up just as well as Carters. They are around $14 for two pairs (come two pairs on a hanger), but are often on sale. One word of warning though, the larger sizes sell out fast, so grab them when you see them and keep your receipt for a price adjustment if necessary.

Disney Store PJ pals also have a covered elastic waist and are 100% cotton. They are around $20 each, although they often run sales if you buy two or more. These are good quality as well. DS has had some for over a year and they are still in good shape. One thing to keep in mind is that these run very small. My DS is wearing a 6x in PJ Pals and a 4 or 5 in Carters/Tykes/Circo

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin

ETA.....Gymboree also has PJs with covered elastic waist. They are great quality, but pricey. I only buy them off the clearance rack.

MarinaTwinMom
10-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Our favorites are the PJ Pals from Disneystore.com. They seem to fit the best, though you need to order them a size up from what the size chart says. (For example, my DS--who normally wears a 4 or 5 in pants--wears a 6 or an 8 in the PJ Pals.)

I've also tried ones from the Children's Place (for DS and DD) and Old Navy (for DS), and they fit pretty well.

sparkeze
10-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I will have to check them all out. I did end up getting a couple HA sets from Ebay and an Oshkosh set from the outlet, although I got a size 6 boys since they run so small! I still need to get more though so thanks for the ideas.