PDA

View Full Version : How many shoes for toddler BOY?

kalebsmama
09-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Just curious...how many shoes does your toddler boy have, or will he have for winter? Right now, DS pretty much lives in his sandals and has a pair of tennis shoes, but sandal weather is quickly coming to an end, and I think his feet have grown some too.
I'm debating between tennis shoes, Merrell-type pull-ons, some kind of boot, and of course we'll need dress shoes and snow boots.
I found a pair of tenners at Stride Rite that are brown and could double as church shoes, but Hanna has the Elefanten All Terrain boots that I like.
Anyways, what your DS will be wearing this fall/winter!

newbelly2002
09-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Frankly, I've rather got a shoe "thing" for my little boy so perhaps I'm not the best judge but here's Dante's line-up.

Red, suede/velour "boots" (shoes, but cut in a boot style). These are lined with Sympatex so they are quite warm.

Black suede retro sneaker style (dressier)

Gray and orange Land's end pull on moccasins

Grey/black/red lace-up hiker-sneaker like shoes.

There will also be a pair of lambs wool "street" boots for walking around and a pair of snow boots for new England in Dec/Jan.

That help?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

Thatchermom
09-24-2004, 08:15 PM
DS is the perfect "mini-man", except when it comes to shoes. He was disappointed the other day while shoe shopping that it was for me, NOT for him! He LOVES LOVES new shoes! Too funny!

Therefore, we have an overdone lineup as well:
Rubber rain boots
Construction-type boots
Dark brown leather boots
Church shoes
Tennis shoes
Leather sandals
2 prs soccer slides
2 prs snow boots
"Sandbox boots" (only worn out to sandbox, to keep the mess in!)
Rubber footed, zip up loafer type shoes (DS says "cool zip shoes)
Slippers

And he is about to change sizes and need new shoes...

Momof3Labs
09-24-2004, 09:36 PM
For now, two.

Tennis shoes and timberland-style boots (from Stride Rite). We'll add a pair of winter boots when the weather gets really bad (to try to maximize our chances of getting through winter with one pair of boots).

I also have a few pairs of new Robeez, but Colin isn't too keen on those these days. I'd kinda like it if he'd wear them, though, rather then getting his socks dirty around the house. Oh, well.

kalebsmama
09-24-2004, 10:40 PM
I forgot to add that given his choice, he would pick a pair of red glittery Mary Janes! He always has to put them on in the store! He can also walk better in some of my heels than I can! DH hasn't seen him trying on the red shoes yet - they make me think of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. "There's no place like home!"

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13598.jpg

Anyways, I think that I'll fall somewhere between Paula/Susan and Lori in terms of how many shoes we end up with! I always thought that it would be easy dressing a boy since he wouldn't need that much, but I find that I can find lots of things that I want for him! Definitely more than he really needs!
Thanks!

Melanie
09-25-2004, 01:41 AM
I have a bit of a shoe "thing," too. Ds loves shoe shopping as well. These are all a little big as he is just between sizes.

Blue/grey pair of naturino walking boots/shoes (actually a little too big but he helped me open them when they arrived insisted on wearing them so they made their way into the rotation)
Navy blue/white pair of suede Stride Rites (Vans' like style)
Brown Stride Rite velcro Hiking Boots
Navy Blue/white stripe bowling-style shoes
White SR Tennis shoes (A Ross deal I couldn't pass up!)
Red velcro Gap tennis shoes
Froggy Rain Boots
Payless Velcro Suede sandals
Jack & Lily puppies
Hanna Moccasins/slippers
Robeez Monkeys (unworn, I might end up eBay these. They are so cute, but at this stage, he really doesn't need 2 pairs)

trumansmom
09-26-2004, 05:30 PM
We pretty much stick with the basics with DS.

snow boots
tennis shoes
church shoes

Our church shoes aren't usually all that dressy, but basically a Merrell type shoe that we actually try to keep clean and not use every day.

That being said, I might break down and buy a dressier pair for Christmas pictures, since DD will be dressed to the nines!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

smomom
09-27-2004, 01:48 PM
I don't think we're totally overdone in the shoe department, but we have slightly more than the basics.

2 pairs of sandals - (one pair of Tevas and a pair of Land's End that I picked up for $5)

2 pairs of Keds scooters (one red, one navy) - at $14.99 a pair, they can't be beat.

1 pair of cowboy boots that my mom (from Texas) bought him on her last visit. These are his current favorites.

1 pair of Bobux that he wears to his sitter's house each morning (he arrives in pjs)

for fall...

1 pair of Elefanten Kyle shoes. These are the dreamiest kid's shoes I have ever owned. I am heartbroken that Elefanten will be shutting down after this season.

I also still want to get him a pair of snow boots for the winter.

gisele
09-27-2004, 08:41 PM
1 pair of Stride Rite type of "boot" or hiking leather like shoe which can be also used for nice occasions (bought yesterday). This is the shoes he wears everyday
2 pairs of Robeez (bought them a while back)

I don't have any other plans for shoes since we live in a warm climate.

Right now, he's running a new pair every two months so I can't buy a lot of shoes!

natividad
09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I have not bought any winter shoes yet and will probably wait until the wheather gets really cold. But I have bought him two pairs of shoes. One dressy pair - a t-strap navy blue Aster for church and such and a pair of Ecco. I had bought him a pair of Merrells, the type you just pull on, but ended up exchanging them for the Ecco because the Merrells are a nightmare to put on.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander

jubilee
10-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Cute pic, and great blackmail photo for later in life!

kalebsmama
10-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks! And yes, I think I will keep that one around for later!

C99
10-01-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm so glad to read that my little boy isn't the only one obsessed with the red mary janes and the pink suede sneakers in the store! At least they are colorful... he cried and cried when I put a pair of cute brown Thom McCann oxfords on him the other day in the store.

Nate's got 2 pairs of shoes for now, although one pair is really too small. They are both sneakers. One is more of a Ked-type sneaker and one is a running shoe. I'll likely get him one pair of "dressy" or neutral oxfords and then a pair of boots as the weather gets cooler.

pamela mom of 3
10-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Well not counting the sandals which are pretty much past being usable..

*hikers
*running shoes
*rainboots

And then i'll add some winter boots....

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/36o/1.png[/img][/url]

calebsmama03
10-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Dana -
where do you find the keds for boys? The only things I seem to find are "Mary Jane" style kids :(
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

MarinaTwinMom
10-18-2004, 12:50 AM
My DS (who's four) has two pairs of sneakers, one for "dress" and one for play/preschool. He also usually has a pair of boots (either suede, for spring/fall, or the waterproof sort for winter) or sandals (for summer).

We also buy him a pair of dress shoes for Christmas and Easter.

At any given time, he probably has three or four pairs of shoes that fit.

skadair
10-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Stride Rite sneakers- 2 pr from outlet. One we keep nice and clean.
snow boots- from yard sale
water shoes

that's it!! All for less than $50!!

nov02mom
11-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Jacob has Nike Tennies, Navy pullons (like Merrills), navy/white saddle oxfords, brown clunky shoes, white Stride Rites, and black dress shoes.

He's only 2 but wears a size 9W or XW so if I find them- I buy them!!!
Kristen

ashleyfox
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
When my son was a toddler, he had sneakers, brown suede shoes, and black church shoes. We live in GA, so he never really need boots.

~Ashley

cara1
11-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Keds scooters.
They're all my DS wears.
Where in the world did you find them for only $14.99?

Actually, no. Sandals, too. And swim shoes. And snow boots.
That's it.
Unless you count slippers.