PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Shoes for DS

August Mom
10-29-2004, 01:31 AM
I wish that I knew what size of shoes DS needs. We went to Stride-Rite today and he measured a 7 wide. Then, we went to an independent children's shoe store and he measured a 7 medium and then was fitted in a 7.5 medium in Jumping Jacks.

He has been wearing wides and I am nervous about the mediums. However, the Jumping Jacks seemed really flexible and I like the look. I don't want to mess up DS's feet, though, so I'm not sure what to do.

For those of you with Jumping Jacks, do you find that they run short and a bit wide? The clerk said that she always sizes up half a size because they run short and that DS's foot wasn't wide enough to need a wide. She said that the cut of the shoes accommodates a slightly wider foot. I have no idea if this is true. I did compare the 7.5 mediums to an 8 wide (the closest wide she had in the same design) and there was virtually no difference on the exterior sole.

I'm just looking for advice on this in general and on Jumping Jacks in particular. FWIW, we bought a pair in the Perfection line.

egoldber
10-29-2004, 11:27 AM
My DD measures as a wide but can wear a medium in many styles. Some styles are more generously cut in the width than others and easily accommodate a wide foot. I have found that it just depends on the shoe. I have no experience with Jumping Jack shoes at all though.

HTH,