PDA

View Full Version : Petite 3 Year Olds...what size???

mattiew
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM
In general, what size is your petite 3 year old wearing? Thinking ahead here a little bit as some of the clothes I bought DD for this year aren't going to fit (she is a petite 2 yr old, 10-20% height, 5% weight).

Thanks!
Carrie

Jeanne
11-03-2004, 09:42 AM
While my dd isn't petite in height, she's very fined boned and thin. I find that she runs true to size in pants (only for length as the waist never fits her) and a size behind in shirts, dresses, and sweaters.

I always buy ahead and so far she's been able to wear everything in the season that I bought it for. But the stuff that I do buy ahead is always bought on clearance incase she isn't able to get much wear out of the items. That way I don't feel guilty!

The only true growth spurts I've experienced with her have been her feet. She's been growing at a steady rate since birth but just this past summer; her feet grew almost two sizes!

jadamom
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
DD is almost 3 (25-50% height, 5-10% weight) and wears size 2T in pants (although they're still a little big), but wears size 3T in shirts. Since I had bought a lot of her outfits in advance last year, this means that now none of her tops match her bottoms. Ugh!

raynjen
11-03-2004, 11:10 PM
My daughter just turned 3 and is definitely petite (<10% height, @ 10% weight). She wears a 2T bottom with tucks in the waist band and is comfortable in a 2T top. I can buy her 3T shirts and dresses if they are short sleeved or no-sleeved (long sleeves fall over her hands, even with cuffs). She can still wear the Gymboree 18-24 month size but we are slowly weeding those out (mainly because we are leaving their season behind and I know they won't fit in the next warm season here).

HTH

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!